AMIKO ALIEN SHD 8900 best image.

There are 38 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 12,272 times. The last Post () by Gavin.

• just bought AMIKO ALIEN SHD 8900 and can anyone recommend the best image for it as i am new to all this, plus how to input the info.

Thanks in hope.

• The best e2 image i think is the latest HDMU.
    It is stable but remember it is still in beta.
    But it is what you prefer.
    Look arround the forum and read the post of the HDMU e2 images for the amiko alien shd 8900.

Someday everything will all make perfect sence.
    So for now laugh at the confusion,smile through the tears and keep reminding yourself that everything happens for a reason.

• I could never get HDMU to go on my SHD8900. It just stuck on boot and went no further. Running PKT Nebula 3 on mine. Stable as you like. No problems at all with it.

Running sweet as a nut :smile:

If you have any ideas Ben as to why mine won't run HDMU it would be appreciated.

Nano

• it is very strange that you can not run HDMU on your 8900.
    maby a corrupt e2 bootloader.
    try what Robxxx7 said because something is failing here.

So for now laugh at the confusion,smile through the tears and keep reminding yourself that everything happens for a reason.

• i have no probs with HDMU e2 images on my two alien2 satboxes.
    strange that the 8900 problems have with the HDMU e2 images.

• I've managed to put the HR enigma image on it, Nebula and one of the old Pro Triplex image.

I tried to install HDMU and it would never boot. It was the same for the Protolux image.

Which is the correct bootloader for the SHD8900. I'm asuming its going to have the same issue as teh Alien2 where you have to have the correct bootloader installed.

Nano

• Hi guys running nebula very good channels load quickly cant seem to get crossepg to work properly go to set up config to usb then opentv *** 28.2 enable then download goes through process then press red to exit pop up box says no service tuner config then blank screen, also cant seem to down load cooltv from plugins starts then stops cant remove then goes off using merlin any ideas

• lads! im new here but not a newbie with satellite receivers:) been tried to upload dozens of E2 images so far but not succeded yet :/ always stuck on BOOT or U LD
    whats wrong with this receiver? got it for a couple of days and so far had to use the spark_rescue_image_Amiko_SHD-8900_Alien_1.2.52.rar from sat station already cause it died on spark upgrade, lol. Never mind, got it running on spark now but cannot install E2, whats the best solution for that? thanks for ur help:):caz3:

• Your box may be a clone mate. Try the old Pro Triplex image or PKT Nebula V3. They use an old Kernal which works with the clone Amiko's, the newer Kernel used by Satstation and HDMU images just won't work on Clone boxes.

under no circumstances update Spark. If your box is a clone the update will brick it and it will be of no use to anybody.

Where did you get it from? Was it an approved Amiko dealer or was it off ebay?

Nano

• well i just update it to the newest spark with no problem at all. what i found in the system info (before i had to put a spark from new via usb) there was no kernel or uboot info at all, they were blank. now after rescue image its fine but no enigma :/ got it from ebay (cyber hack seller)

• Mate if you've purchased it off ebay its very probable that its a clone. Do not , and i mean do not update it to 1.2.61 as it will install a bomb on it. It will damage the bootloader and the box will be useless. If you have installed 1.2.61 it won't brick it straight away, its a time bomb, it will wait for a while and then brick it when its being used. I suggest if its still working that you run the rescue usb image before your box is permanently damaged.

Do you have the original carton the box came in? Have a look on the top of it, a lot of the boxes the clones come in have a spelling mistake which is being covered up by a lot of ebay sellers.

The spelling of alien will be spelt as ALEIN not ALIEN. If that's the case, if its a recent purchase get in touch with PayPal and start a claim for being sent a counterfeit receiver. The manual will also be of poor quality with a lot of the pages looking washed out.

Trust me if its a clone it will eventually get bricked by the bomb in the latest piece of software. Amiko are being more ruthless than Dream multimedia were a few years back with the DM500.

Cyber Hacks listings are near enough the same as Azuril, a known clone seller on ebay, its a clone mate, no doubt about it.

• blimey! it is 'alein' on the top of the box!!! what should I do now with paypal, will they accept the claim? how I can proove it is not a genuine box?

Spark STI 7111 Support

Support for ADOH R1, Amiko Alien SHD 8900, Amiko Alien Mini, Goldmaster HD 1200, Golden Media 990 CR HD PVR Spark LX, Golden Media Spark Reloaded, Edision Argus Pingulux, Edision Argus Pingulux Plus, Galaxy Innovations GI S, SAB Unix F+ Solo, Dynavision Spark, Dynavision Spark Plus, Fulan Spark I+, Truman Premier 1+, Samsat Linux 1, Startrack SRT 2020 HD, FullHD FH 2020 HD, Yumatu Spark, Visionnet Hammer, Visionnet Fireball, Superbox S750, Sogno Spark Revolution, Spark STI 7111 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!