uno image problem

There are 11 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,059 times. The last Post () by backstorn.

• Hi.Got uno today. been trying all day to load image ie.vix and vti.No joy. Tried FPGA. No joy. I took casing off. It does not have hdd. will i still be able to watch channels on different satellites without hdd and will i be able to use cccam. That is if i can manage to load image.

• You don't need a HDD to install third party software. If its the same as the Vu+ Duo, you will need to installed the correct bootloader first, before you can install one of the newer images.

Nano

• You are a star mate. Used backup image and 28 degrees east working a treat. NEXT test for me is moving to other satellites after getting used menu. A step at a time before trying a new image. Got my lat and long set up. All the best

• Iwas told in a previous thread not to use bootloader on uno as it would kill the m/c

Thats why i said if its the same as a Vu+ Duo. I don't have a Vu+ Uno, I've only had the Duo.

• Not a problem, we all misread things from time to time.

It has always been the case that you only ever install a bootloader or firmware for your particular receiver as installing one made for another receiver will indeed usually kill it.

If an up to date Bootloader was available for the Uno it would not damage the box. I was not aware at the time that a new bootloader was not needed for the Uno. I am merely going off the experience i had with my Vu+ Duo, when i had to update the bootloader to install a newer image. I think it was BH 1.7.4 if i remember rightly.

Nice to see you have it running nicely. Have a good new year.

Wishing you a good new year also Cazuela :haha:

Nano

• Is now a new year. GOOD luck and happiness to the new friends i have met on the forum, Never fear i will keep bugging you for information in 2013. I have had a good night, stayed in with the wife for a change, maybe a promise tonight.

VU+ UNO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!