E2 Recovery

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,084 times. The last Post () by sparksy01.

• I have got my box stuck....Spark is working perfectly (except the bugs!) but E2 will not boot at all...I installed a Nebula version using FORCE boot, but I couldn't find a CCCam plugin, I then tried "HDMU_1470_E2_spark7162_211_git_5082_nodebug_nolcd _Diff0_ffm_Flash", with FORCE boot which did NOT work and wouldn't boot up the problems began, I have since (using the GUI driven plugin in Spark) tried to use the SatStation version, which already has CrossEPG working. But the system will no longer boot into E2.

Before booting into E2 I have upgraded Spark to .60 - I then downgraded to 51.E2 before attempting any booting into E2.

Any help gratefully welcome. Is there a way to recover?

• Hi ben361,

I have followed your tutorial on how to boot to E2 using USB and I have found that I follow the instructions through to the part
    right button for 'Fact' then press ok - then you should see U LD. I do see this but it is U LD and the 'LD' is flashing but the 'U' is not...what can I do?

Thanks

Thomas

• So I have now fixed my box...I have E2 working. The way I go it to work is as follows, from the beginning...

Boot into Spark - Load Spark version .51.E2
    Reboot the STB
    Copy the required E2 build on to my USB stick
    Place this into the back of the STB
    Go to Plugins, turn on the E2Upgrade.s plugin, by selecting 'OK'
    Press the Red Button on the remote to launch the upgrade module
    Press the Red Button again to confirm upgrading to E2 - let the update happen (note if it fails at this point with a Kernel error you have copied the files into the wrong location)
    You don't get a message to say success - update just kind of stops.
    Exit the plugins
    Go into System
    Select 'Basic setting'
    Select in the right hand options 'Default Settings'
    Within that the bottom setting is 'Boot to E2'

Sit back and enjoy....

Spark STI 7162 Support

Support for Amiko Alien 2, Delta, Dynavision 7162, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 2, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 3, Golden Media Spark Triplex, Golden Media Spark One, Icecrypt S3700 CHD, SAB Unix Triple HD, Samsat Linux 2, Satcom 7162, Sogno Spark Triple, Startrack SRT 2020 HD Plus, Superbox Z500, Truman TOP-BOX, Truman TopBox 2 Tuner, Visionnet Falcon, Spark STI 7162 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!