Ferguson 102e setup information needed

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,397 times. The last Post () by nano.

• Hi, I'm looking for some advice, I'm thinking of getting the mentioned box, I currently own a vu+ duo, with allot of help from the kind members of this site I managed to get a good image with all the plugins, 7 day epg, set up cline and added channel list etc, pretty much everything that needed done, I had zero knowledge to start with and didn't realise everything that had to be done, what I would like to know about the feeguson is when I buy one brand new I understand I have to update to emu software, do I have to install certain type of ccams ie with the duo if I loaded an image with oscam my line wouldn't work I had to have mgcamd, is this a similar issue with the feeguson? Also do the channel lists come as a download? Do they have a built in epg? And can plugins like 1channel be added to the ferguson? With the duo all that stuff comes with an image, does that stuff come with the firmware on the ferguson? I hope my questions make sense lol and any info will greatly appreciated.

• Not sure about MGCamd as i haven't used that on mine. The emus are part of the firmware itself, you just add the lines with the remote. Mine hasn't been used for a few months so i can't remember if it does Mgcamd, although i have a feeling it does have it installed.

I know it works fine with NewCS and CCCam.

Its easy to update the firmware. just look on the forum, there are a few guides on how to do it.

Nano

• hello, i dont recommende this reciever , vu solo is the best .

• i agree with this
    ferguson not very supported
    not a real toy
    stick with os linux as you manage the vu!!
    cheers:moneygrubber:

• The box is really for a friend who has absolutely no technology knowledge so I would be buying it for him and setting it up for him, I recommended a vu box to him as I have learned how to set one up and would be much easier, he's just not willing to spend much at all, for what he wants it for too he diesnt need record fiction or twin tuner, is the UNO a cheaper vu box? Also is 3d capable on all boxes if you have a 3d subscription?

• This is a great little first box if you just want it as bedroom or second box or are on a really tight budget

the patched images support cccam/Mgcamd you can add all the details via a web browser

the worst thing about the box is the lack of decent channel lists

• Its a cheap box that gives a good picture and is ideal for the younger members of the family or total beginners. Its a good receiver on a budget. My 10 year old daughter had a fit when i replaced her Ariva 102e for a SunRay DM800HD. She only stopped complaining when i put a hard drive in the DM800HD so she could record stuff. Its got 160Gb of iCarly on it now :ah:

She got really upset when i replaced her Ariva as she had got it set up how she wanted it.

You can't compare the Ariva with a Vu+, thats just stupid. They appeal to totally different markets. The Ariva is a beginners receiver, or one for people who want a good quality HD picture on the cheap. Its still a better receiver in my opinion that the ***box or Openbox.

The Vu+ Solo costs twice as much and appeals to those who have a bit better knowledge than the beginner and like messing. I don't know many people who have Linux boxes that don't spend a lot of their time making the box dance for them.

Nano

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!