Which receiver ?

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,060 times. The last Post () by nano.

• Depends on Budget Buddy! Much like buying a car lol

But i think most will say Vu range as a good starting point...well supported and loads of bells and whistles to add to make it more
    enjoyable lol

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• VU+ (2) range is now being released and has better chipsets making them faster than anything else out there - DM7020 is getting "old" now in technology terms i believe -
    Other people i have spoke with suggest the tm twin is a great value receiver with decent processor too -

"Best" can be very hard to define in a hobby with so many variables -

:rikjaard2:

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• HI

i would seriously consider getting in touch with the site sponsor, in the past i have had the box you have now, plus numerous Dreamboxes and a few VU+ plus's, after a chat with the boss he suggested a DB800 SE clone to me i also purchased a DB 800 from him, and i must say i have never regretted the decision of either of my purchases.

so give him a call you might just save yourself £'s

regards: canthackit

i would seriously consider getting in touch with the site sponsor

We don't have a site sponsor anymore :ops:

I recommend World of satellite, I've had a lot of stuff off them in the past and have never had any issues at all. Turnaround is extremely fast and the service is excellent.

If its a clone your after have a word with S k Y pirate . He runs MaxGlobalEurope.

Again another company with excellent service and fast turnround. Postage does take a day or so longer to the UK as hes based in Spain, but either way an excellent seller.

To be honest sat novice I think you already have a really good box to start with, i don't think there is much more out there as good.

Nano

• Doesn't even come close to it in my opinion. The DM800HD is by todays standards a slow box. It only has a 300Mhz CPU, which you really notice when doing fast channel changes or running plugiins.

Its still a good box, but it doesn't even come close to the ET9000HD. The ET9000HD has a faster CPU, more memory, more card clots and CI slots, its generally a better box than the DM800HD.

I have a DM800HD and to be honest i find my Gigablue 800HD Solo a better box all round.

Nano

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!