F3 Freesat Query

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 316 times. The last Post () by brendanj9554.

• i have a question which i am reluctant to ask in case it sounds really stupid but here go. I want to use a F3 box for freesat in Northern Ireland to enable me to receive RTE1 and RTE2 i have one like most sharing sly on 28e. Can I retune to another sat or what is the procedure if in fact there is one.

• think you would need an irish sly viewing card (fta or de-sub) and use that in the F3. you wont need to retune to another sat as the channels are on 28e but pretty sure RTE1 & 2 would require am 'irish' freesat card.

• i have just been looking into this for you, you can either use the F3 with irish sly freeview card, or a freeview box (non sat)...........

Northern Ireland is covered,

''RTE1,2 and TG4 will be transmitted on the so-called “NIMux” digital multiplex, which will have transmitters on Black Mountain, Carnmoney Hill and Brougher Mountain.''

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!