Help setting up hard-drive HDMU IMAGE AMIKO Alien 2

There are 11 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 8,927 times. The last Post () by Gavin.

• I have the HDMU engima2 image installed on amiko alien2.

Can anyone give me some detailed info to set up my hard drive. It is formatted as ext2. It is a 2TB seagate GoFlex harddrive.

These are my current recording paths.

Default movie location /hdd/movie/ When I press ok I'm unable to edit this in anyway.
    Timer recording location <default movie location>
    Instant recording path <default movie location>
    Time shift location /media/hdd

I know its working because cross.epg is downloading to it and has created a folder on it called cross epg.

ANYONE CAN PM ME IF THEY WANT TO HELP
    Thanks for any help or info

• I can't get my USB hard drive to be recognised either. Can play back already recorded programmes but says No HDD present or initialised when trying to record etc to it. It is formatted to EXT2. Might be same problem as above so if you can help please list what you can do on this thread instead of private PM so we can all learn please.

first post
    introduce yourself here : http://linuxsat-support.com/introductions/

• try this via telnet

mkfs.ext3 -L RECORD /dev/sda1
    cd /autofs/sda1
    mkdir movie

Someday everything will all make perfect sence.
    So for now laugh at the confusion,smile through the tears and keep reminding yourself that everything happens for a reason.

• try this via telnet

mkfs.ext3 -L RECORD /dev/sda1
    cd /autofs/sda1
    mkdir movie

Thanks I've entered the above comments using PuTTY. It creates the directory, however my 'Default Movie Location' has not changed yet

Is the above a correct command for that?

• fdisk -1
    unmount /dev/sda1
    mkfs.ext2 -L RECORD /dev/sda1
    mkdir /hdd/movie

this is working on my alien2 with HDMU

Someday everything will all make perfect sence.
    So for now laugh at the confusion,smile through the tears and keep reminding yourself that everything happens for a reason.

• fdisk -1
    unmount /dev/sda1
    mkfs.ext2 -L RECORD /dev/sda1
    mkdir /hdd/movie

this is working on my alien2 with HDMU

Hi Ben361,

I can what you are trying to do. I'm using the SatStation build and connecting via putty and I'm finding that the command 'fdisk -1' doesn't work and 'unmount /dev/sda1' - although there is a file sda1 in dev directory :-S

Sorry to be a pain!

• Hi, I have had the same problem, I have tried to edit the drive, thinking that this is where the problem is, but it isn't. When you go into 'Recording Path' click 'OK' on the controller when selecting 'default movie location' then when you are in the next screen press the 'MENU' key and then the '1' Key. You should then be able to browse the STB's folder structure and select your NAS, the blue button should now say 'ADD BOOKMARK'

Worked for me.

• precisely!
    /hdd is directory in the flash, you dont want record anything there. your usb hard drive should be in /usb/sda1 or /autofs/sda1. You just have to navigate there in the recording path menu, with the help of spar***01 instructions above. That should do it! :)

• go to control panel, programs, on the left panel there should be an option to start and stop windows programs, click on it, it will open up a new window, scroll down and make sure telnet is enabled, Not on windows going by memory here but it is there some where.

• so is there an easy way to solve this with a HDMU Image. Ive connected a hard drive and im lost by all this telnet stuff etc.

Spark STI 7162 Support

Support for Amiko Alien 2, Delta, Dynavision 7162, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 2, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 3, Golden Media Spark Triplex, Golden Media Spark One, Icecrypt S3700 CHD, SAB Unix Triple HD, Samsat Linux 2, Satcom 7162, Sogno Spark Triple, Startrack SRT 2020 HD Plus, Superbox Z500, Truman TOP-BOX, Truman TopBox 2 Tuner, Visionnet Falcon, Spark STI 7162 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!