plug in issues

There are 11 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 848 times. The last Post () by westbank.

• Hi Folks , great site , wondering if anyone can help with an issue i have.

My pluggins work everywhere apart from my house, tried diff images etc .

when my box is set up in a friends house (northern ireland UK ) 1channel , rte player , 3 player, various different others as well ,
    as soon as i take the box home , (rep of ireland ) i try a plugin it comes up with error message , software has encountered a problem and has to be shut down.
    i feel it's a configuration issue somewhere , either with the box or router etc.
    anyone ever hear of an issue like this before ?

my epg does download tho , which is also strange.

• Please read the rules carefully, anyone who does not follow the rules will be warned and may be banned from this forum.

Rules:

<1> An Introduction post is required before you start using the forum, requests for support without an Introduction post will be ignored.

• It does sound like a network problem,router ,,
    Go through the steps with network manager/(wizard)
    assign one IP for the duo that is not used by any other peripheral in your network
    then DHCP: NO...
    remember ,,every time you make a change of something to test ,do a full reboot to make sure ....
    other than that ,,,if all else fails ,,
    try a duo backup, which, if a team backup is chosen has been carefully setup and easy to follow guide and support on here.
    I think there is a very nice recently made backup by Musogeek

• thanks for that info pal.
    done that , came to the setting where it says name servers and it has my router ip , should i change that to the ip that i assigned the vu+ or leave as is .
    below is the message

please configure and verify your name servers by filling out the required values

thanks in advance

• user interface : yes
    use dhcp : no
    IP address: it should have an internal ip similar to : 192.168.1.150 for example....
    netmask : 255.255.255.0
    use a gateway : yes
    gateway: 192.168.1.1 this is your router
    primary dns : whatever comes up
    secondary dns : whatever comes up with a difference of 1 digit number to primary dns
    you set all this... then save then full reboot..
    there is usually a RUN TEST on most decent images
    btw ,, all this is well documented in vu+ tutorials section in a number of threads....
    reading and testing is the way forward ;)

• done all that and everything fine on the test . apart from DHCP ( which is switched off so that answers that ) just really annoying.
    have tested a few diff vu+ duo as well , i feel its a setting that needs changed somewhere, iv gone thru lots of different tests etc.
    thanks for all the help so far guys

• Official Post

done all that and everything fine on the test . apart from DHCP ( which is switched off so that answers that ) just really annoying.
    have tested a few diff vu+ duo as well , i feel its a setting that needs changed somewhere, iv gone thru lots of different tests etc.
    thanks for all the help so far guys

Sounds like your vu is clashing with another devices ip in your lan, try enabling dhcp & reboot if it still doesnt work reboot the router also.

• i have done it dhcp ,and static , there is no issue with it bringing in channels , 3 servers all online and working , just the pluginns , as i said this is 2nd box i have tested. which work elsewhere with pluginns problem seems to be here . either ISP , or router but i cannot pin point it .

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!