Looking to Upgrade

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 745 times. The last Post () by andy ray.

• Sorry to post yet another which receiver thread ..... but I really value your advice

I have a spiderbox 9000hd at the minute and am looking to upgrade to an enigma2 box.

I think I have narrowed it down to either

1- DM800se with an A8P card - clone ........ £190 ish

2 - VU+ Uno - original - £240 ish

Now the bit that is confusing me is DM orig is £400 ish so it should be a far better box than the £240 VU+ BUT to my (not very knowledgable) mind the VU+ seems to be better..... ?

Can anyone help with this decision please

• to help you decide ,,, check out the support sections of both ,,then the possibilities of both..
    Nor I nor anyone else can tell you which one
    ¿ would you accept if I asked you how much do you want to get into this hobby and how far would you go with testing and putting the stb to extremes???
    Ahhh , of course ,,teh one thing that is essential in your decision is do you want an original ?'
    this is a rhetorical question as I already know the answer !!!
    just a thought from an UNO tester ;)

• cazuela,
    I have looked and DM has most users and hence probably most support but am swayed by VU+ well rated and a lot cheaper for an original.
    As to how far i would get into hobby, depends how far I get sucked in :-) have played with dos, basic, pascal,c,Borland everything, and plcs but never had a dabble with linux, may be fun who knows.

• I have played with both boxes and i find the Vu+ Uno a better box, hands down.

I have a Vu+ Uno here that i am setting up for a family member and i love it to bits. Its one of the best boxes I've played with up to now. There are a lot of teams writing images for the Vu+ so its well worth looking at.

I would also look at how long support for the A8P sim is going to last. I haven't seen a huge amount of info about the chip or the supporting team in all fairness. I myself would go for the Ferarri chipped DM800Se. One its cheaper than the A8P chipped box, and two if DMM do try to circumnavigate the sim card it won't be long before the Ferrari team are on it. The same can probably be said about the SIM 201 team too.

Nano

• i would stick with the originals mate ¬
    just my opinion -
    which in part comes from the idea of Entusiast wants Quality,Ability,Support NOT "cheap" or "cheaper"

:rikjaard1:

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• Theres no way i would pay the full price for a DM800Se. They are over priced when you consider what else is available on the market. I only have on original DM box and thats my DM7020si which i paid £329 for in 2006, but that was before i knew any better.

The stunt they pulled with the DM500 made my decision not to buy anything else from Dream Multimedia, and i have stuck to that. At least Vu+ have had the decency to let people know that they are planning countermeasures, so at least people can save their boxes.

Either way though i still rather have a Vu+ Clone than an Original Amiko Alien box lol. I've had 2 Alien boxes, An Alien 2 and an Alien SHD-8900 and neither lasted longer than three months before the hardware failed. They are utter junk in my opinion.

Nano

• I Had a dm7020hd and a duo i honestly have to say that the dreambox did not offer me anythng extra than the duo does,considering the dreambox retail`s a twice the price of the duo your better off saving your money and going for the duo or uno in your case.I no longer own the dreambox but i use the duo everyday that fact speak for itself dont buy into the marketing hype like i did.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!