Moving files off HDD with VTI image

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,207 times. The last Post () by 1taz.

• Hi

I have a VU+ Duo with the latest VTI image.

I would like to archive a few films that I have recorded on the VU+ HDD.

I installed NTFS-3G and have mounted a 16gb USB drive.

I have been going through the menus but I can't find a function that will allow me to move these files.

In the recording list I only have the red button function 'all'. The other buttons do nothing.

I can FTP to the box, but it takes about an hour per movie to move them that way.

Thanks,

• Official Post

Use the telnet copy command (cp)
    example

Code
    cp [COLOR=#00ff00]/media/hdd/movie/[/COLOR][COLOR=#ff0000]Zookeeper.avi[/COLOR] [COLOR=#ffa500]/media/usb[/COLOR]

Source location
    File name
    Destination

or

Install the plugin enhanced movie center then you will be able to do it as shown below with green button to move the selected file,

• Hi

Just to report back. Telnet works well, doesn't like spaces in the movie titles, but I quickly renamed them using Filezilla.

It has just taken an absolute age to move a 14gb movie onto a pendrive, but I suspect that is the speed of the pendrive.

I am just testing again with a portable HDD to see if it is quicker.

One remaining question:

I have installed enhanced movie centre, so I now get a move option. But it only offers to move the file to a bookmarked location, and I can't for the life of me work out how to create a bookmark to the USB drive. Any ideas?

Thanks

• Try this,

Menu,
    Setup,
    System,
    Network,
    Mount manager,
    Add new network mount point.

Good luck

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!