oscam server - newcamd protocol - client config

There is 1 reply in this Thread which was already clicked 5,465 times. The last Post () by musogeek.

• Hiya all,

If I enable Oscam Server to use mgcamd -> newcamd as protocol

Do I need to enable the same protocol on clients for clients to communicate to server ?? i,e server newcamd protocol <---> client newcamd protocol (newcamd for s*kybox & openbox)
    Am I right in saying, clients that are already configured to use cccam protocol i.e. dreambox, will need to be configured to use newcamd protocol or will I need to enable cccam protocol on server as well for them (sever will then run 2 protocols) ?? if I dont need to enable ccam protocol on server then if I add a Cline in the client for dreambox is that sufficient for dreambox to communicate with server ???

Am I right in saying that DVBApi AU is solely used to update emm on card & not used as a communicating protocol for clients ???

Many Thanks ...

• http://linuxsat-support.com/os…-oscam-windows-setup.html

why open a new thread when you are posting the same questions on existing thread? - try to use the searchbar and do a bit more reading - if no one answers your question then there may be a number or reasons, biggest being that not everyone spends 24 hours a day 7 days a week on the forum, and no one knows everything.

please be patient, you may get an answer - and I will close this thread as the other one has the same question.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!