Amiko Alien 2 Triple Enigma2 USB flashing

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,954 times. The last Post () by satsok.

• Hi guys.

I got one of these STBs few weeks ago. I didn't have much time to invest in it, but there is one paradox I'd like to share.

In all forums, FAQs or wherever Enigma2 USB firmware upgrade is described, "You need Kingston USB, fully formatted,..."

I didn't have Kingston drive but two others, and I wasn't able to load any firmware in the AA2. After a bit of loading, it throws a 770 error.

At last I was able to upload firmware with both USB drives (noname 4GB and noname 8GB) for some reason, which I found by mistake.

1. Quick format USB drive with "Allocation unit size" set to "Default Allocation Size" (not 4096, as it's by default???) selected
    2. Copy both e2jffs2.img and uImage on the USB root folder (not X:\enigma2) X:\
    3. Copy once again e2jffs2.img and uImage in the right folder of the USB drive, e.g. X:\enigma2\
    4. "Safely remove", plug it in the powered off STB, hold StandBy and power on, select Enigma2 / Fact.

Could someone verify it's not a single and unknown "fault" in my box, or it's working on other STBs?

Regards.

• Introduced myself 8)

"In all forums, FAQs or wherever Enigma2 USB firmware upgrade is described, "You need Kingston USB, fully formatted,...""

"but two others, and I wasn't able to load any firmware in the AA2"

"At last I was able to upload firmware with both USB drives (noname 4GB and noname 8GB) for some reason"

• Are you running the .51.E2 version of Spark??

Also, Spark has decent plugins which means that you point it to the files on your pen-drive and it does the work so you don't need to click about with the buttons on the front of the STB, then after the upgrade go to 'System / Setup' and 'Default Settings' it has the option to 'boot into E2'...very helpful.

• all i know is that with both alien1&2 i used a few usb sticks, none was a kingston and all of them worked fine.
    so, the need of a kingston stick is a stupid myth.

the only thing that gave me trouble on my first tries was the incorrect instructions, an important step was missing from these instructions, i cant remember now which one..

• Are you running the .51.E2 version of Spark??

Also, Spark has decent plugins which means that you point it to the files on your pen-drive and it does the work so you don't need to click about with the buttons on the front of the STB, then after the upgrade go to 'System / Setup' and 'Default Settings' it has the option to 'boot into E2'...very helpful.

system/setup and default settings etc.. can you please tell me where are all of those???? cause i cannot find nothing like this on the menu...

Spark STI 7162 Support

Support for Amiko Alien 2, Delta, Dynavision 7162, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 2, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 3, Golden Media Spark Triplex, Golden Media Spark One, Icecrypt S3700 CHD, SAB Unix Triple HD, Samsat Linux 2, Satcom 7162, Sogno Spark Triple, Startrack SRT 2020 HD Plus, Superbox Z500, Truman TOP-BOX, Truman TopBox 2 Tuner, Visionnet Falcon, Spark STI 7162 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!