MGcamd 1.38 only clearing when started by telnet

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,382 times. The last Post () by balderdash.

• OK Guys I have a strange one here,

When I originally installed mgcamd 1.38 to use with biss keys for 10E it would only start clearing if I use telnet to start the cam,
    at the time I didnt mind as my pc is directly underneath the TV I use to watch the footy,plus I was in a hurry just to get the footy on :)

I decided today to uninstall the lot and start again in the hope of getting it to clear the channels on 10E just using the softcam menu on the box (DM800SE clone),

So downloaded MGcamd 1.38 ipk file and installed as per normal,edited the files in usr/keys for my purpose and using the softcam menu started up the cam,channels dont clear?

Fire up putty and check if the cam is running,it is,so I stop it and then restart through telnet command,and away it goes,channel clears,

So my question is why wont it clear if started from the softcam menu??????

:baffle:

• Official Post

I see nothing wrong in the scripts of file locations for openpli buddy, without having it running here its hard to say what the problem is. In your mgcamd cfg make sure the box type is set to (06) if its not already this link may help you also.

Code
    http://openpli.org/forums/topic/25991-openplii-3-mgcamd-138/page__hl__%2Bmgcamd+%2Bipk
    • Official Post

The permissions on the start/stop script were 601 for me, so i would try this,, In usr/camscript chmod the file Ncam_mgcamd_1.38.sh to 755, restart mgcamd from softcam manager and see what happens buddy..

Good point although 358 here, in openpli i believe the camscript should be in ect/init.d to start at boot so give the file named softcam.MGCamd in that location 755 permissions too, also check the cam binary in /usr/bin.

• All ready had the correct permissions lads,it was the first thing I checked,sorry should have said

Will check out a few things in that link though :)

Thanks again

• Ok managed to fix it :)

I noticed in the softcam.oscam file in etc/init.d that it includes the path to the config files needed for oscam to run,
    So I just added the path for the configs for mgcamd in the softcam.MGCamd file and hey presto it works :)

MGCamd Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for MGCamd Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!