Need help - unable to do Personal Backup on Vu+Duo

There are 14 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,250 times. The last Post () by mckee25.

• Actually on my Vu+Duo I have BH Image 1.6.6 installed. Try to upgrade and install image BH 1.7.9 (light)- installation past O.K. , but when try to do Personal Backup- received message that path is needed, then that something is “incompatible”….
    I have motor system 42 East to 30 West.
    Heard this last image is much better, , faster and so on, but if I am unable to do Personal Backup, then I am afraid to forget it.
    I am very surprised why is impossible to execute Personal Backup from BH 1.6.6 to BH 1.7.9 and what can be the reason for that inconvenient.
    If anyone can help to solve this problem, let me know please.

• Official Post

Actually on my Vu+Duo I have BH Image 1.6.6 installed. Try to upgrade and install image BH 1.7.9 (light)- installation past O.K. , but when try to do Personal Backup- received message that path is needed, then that something is “incompatible”….
    I have motor system 42 East to 30 West.
    Heard this last image is much better, , faster and so on, but if I am unable to do Personal Backup, then I am afraid to forget it.
    I am very surprised why is impossible to execute Personal Backup from BH 1.6.6 to BH 1.7.9 and what can be the reason for that inconvenient.
    If anyone can help to solve this problem, let me know please.

Blackhole 1.6.6 uses the old kernel so your personal backup will not be compatible with later images, as stated in the 1.6.7 release.

• Thanks a lot for your assistance and help.
    As i have Vu+Duo, is procedure same as you mentioned for Vu+Solo, or....
    Please give me the link from where I can dlod this kernel and I hope after tha I'll be able to install BH 1.7.9 and mae Personal backup from HD from my box

• Blackhole 1.6.6 uses the old kernel so your personal backup will not be compatible with later images, as stated in the 1.6.7 release.

Try to find kernel you mentioned, but only found duo_cfe_cfe.auto ( 280 kb) which seems to be the same as this old one I used when upradeing old BH 1.4 to BH 1.6.6
    Sorry, but I am now confused what s I have to do, shall I repeat same procedure when installing BH 1.6.6 and then after installing old cfe_cfe kernel using USB- instal the newest BH 1.7.9
    Please help me,

• Official Post

Try to find kernel you mentioned, but only found duo_cfe_cfe.auto ( 280 kb) which seems to be the same as this old one I used when upradeing old BH 1.4 to BH 1.6.6
    Sorry, but I am now confused what s I have to do, shall I repeat same procedure when installing BH 1.6.6 and then after installing old cfe_cfe kernel using USB- instal the newest BH 1.7.9
    Please help me,

[h=1]duo cfe Rev 3.0[/h]
    Flash this first then the 1.7.9-3 image.

• Try to find kernel you mentioned, but only found duo_cfe_cfe.auto ( 280 kb) which seems to be the same as this old one I used when upradeing old BH 1.4 to BH 1.6.6
    Please help me,

I think your confusing your self a little.

The file mentioned above is a bootloader ( like a bios update for a PC ), you simply flash this ( only needs doing once so once done it never needs doing again unless there is a updated version released ), then flash the required image.

All current images are compatible with this bootloader both the older 2.6.18 kernel images and the newer 3.1.1 kernel images ( the kernel is part of the actual image it self ).

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• Black Hole Vu+ Solo 1.6.7 Kernel 3.1.1 beta2

Warning: YOU MUST UPDATE VU+ SOLO BOOT LOADER BEFORE TO FLASH THIS IMAGE:

THIS IMAGE HAS BEEN COMPILED WITH THE NEWEST LINUX KERNEL AVAILABLE FOR OUR BOXES.

WARNING: THIS IMAGE USES A NEW FILESYSTEM AND IT IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH MULTIBOOT OR WITH OLD PERSONAL BACKUP.

Thats why I am cofused- Installing before BH 1.6.6- I guess that in the future doing bh Personal Backup will be normal without need to install anything more, but afeter made upgrade to BH 1.7.9- I was unable to make Personal Backup because path to PB "not Found" and then " no compatible".
    I was forced to return to BH 1.6.6 repeating standard procedure with old duo.cfe

• This is the one you need SOLO CFE_SOLO.2.0
    but the title of this thread is :

Need help - unable to do Personal Backup on Vu+Duo

hence the confusion...

Either ways.. remember to do a full reboot after you install this,, then you can proceed to upgrade to whichever image you like..
    Enjoy

just came across THIS POST OF HOW TO SOLO UPGRADE which should help you out a little more

• Now we mix SOLO CFE_SOLO.2.0
    and duo cfe Rev 3.0

Hope duo cfe Rev 3.0 is one I need.Will try it and report result.
    Once again thanks very much for helping me.

• Now we mix SOLO CFE_SOLO.2.0
    and duo cfe Rev 3.0

Hope duo cfe Rev 3.0 is one I need.Will try it and report result.
    Once again thanks very much for helping me.

this is the message that appeared to you , ¿ correct ???

Warning: YOU MUST UPDATE VU+ SOLO BOOT LOADER BEFORE TO FLASH THIS IMAGE:

then there is NO CONFUSION except in the head title of your first post.....
    but in the warning it clearly states VU+ SOLO BOOT LOADER
    so you need to pay attention to whether it is a vu DUO or a vu SOLO ,,you cannot mistake one for the other!!!!

• this is the message that appeared to you , ¿ correct ???
    then there is NO CONFUSION except in the head title of your first post.....
    but in the warning it clearly states VU+ SOLO BOOT LOADER
    so you need to pay attention to whether it is a vu DUO or a vu SOLO ,,you cannot mistake one for the other!!!!

Sorry but I never stated my STB is Vu+Solo- if you read my first post you'll see I wrote I have Vu+Duo.
    Never minde , wht is important - upgrade my image and I am going to do this now.

• Image upgrade failed again.
    Received this messge:
    "Sorry.Personal Backup found but is not compatible with the new firmware based on the new kernel"
    Now when try to return to my old Image 1.6.6 , procedure is blocked on "programming" and stay on it .....How I can solve this situation , please

• Image upgrade failed again.
    Received this messge:
    "Sorry.Personal Backup found but is not compatible with the new firmware based on the new kernel"
    Now when try to return to my old Image 1.6.6 , procedure is blocked on "programming" and stay on it .....How I can solve this situation , please

This problem solved- but old BH Image 1.6.6 remain on the STB

• In connection to the problem exposed in this thread, my question for BH Authors is:
    Why kernels included in BH 1.6.6 and BH 1.6.7 and later BH versions are not compatible between them.
    As I discovered this create problem mentioned in my above posts i.e. impossibility to make bh Personal Backup from previous installed version to any new one.
    Does exist any remedy to solve this inconvenient, or not.
    If not ,that means when passing from BH 1.6.6 to later versions, all settings must be created and set manually.
    Please comment.

• As far as I am aware there is no fix for this problem, you would need to contact the Blackhole team directly to ask the question to them.

I think a lot of people who are in to this hobby actually enjoy having to do all the settings again when they change image,it keeps it fresh in their memory of how to do this and each time it is done hopefully you get quicker at it,due to knowing the shortcuts etc to get to different menu's.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!