Is it only me?!!

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,232 times. The last Post () by khaledsallam.

• I have the following setup tuner1 nile sat and tuner2 hotbird and astra1
    the problem is when ever i change from one sat to the other (different tuner) the sat setup changes and all sats will become set to one tuner
    then i need to go to the sat setup and change it manually !!!
    to explain it if i am on nile sat and change to one channel on hotbird there is no signal when i go to sat setup hotbird is on tuner1!!!!
    i change it back to tuner2 and exit the channel and the hole sat works fine till i change again to nile sat

the tuner setup is not sticky???
    help pleassssss

• You haven't stated if its on Spark or Enigma 2 you are having the problems with.

If its Enigma all i would say is get used to it until its fixed as its probably another driver issue for a change :ah:

If you want a box that works with Enigma 2 get one with a MIPS cpu as the Alien is a waste of time with Enigma 2.

Nano

• Last time i looked, you buy one of these receivers to primarily watch TV on and secondly learn how to use them. Not much point in buying them if they don't work for what they were intended to be used for.

You could learn how Enigma works on a proper MIPS box, like the Maxview. Its the same price as the Alien 2, and most importantly it works with Enigma2

Your not going to get a very good impression of Enigma 2 if you use a box that doesn't work properly with it. Enigma is native to boxes with MIPS CPUs not SH4 ones. It has to be ported over to work on SH4.

There are also loads of driver issues with these boxes, plus you may end up with a clone, which can be disabled by updating Spark. Its just not a box that i would say is worth £150. The Alien 2 was the worst box i ever had the displeasure of owning.

The little SHD-8900 wasn't bad until it packed up, three months after i had it. I wouldn't even entertain wasting my money on anything from Amiko anymore.

Nano

• There are worse boxes than the Alien2 ..... Gigablue, TM800, or indeed anything Technomate + Linux ... SH4 receivers have far better PQ than any MIPS box i have come across and i've had a few of each.
    Best for picture quality was my Kathrein UFS910 with the Aliens very close to it .... don't believe all the hypr surrounding MIPS ..some MIPS boxes have been complete garbage also

But like anything you have good and bad experiences and you can only speak as you find ...

• There are worse boxes.........anything Technomate + Linux ...

Robxxx7 The TM800 is Rubbish - And as much as i may like or dislike technomate it seems there new Linux offerings are well supported. I have my reasons to dislike technomate ! That's personal between me and them !!!
    Vix are suporting there oe2 t box
    Open AAF have released an image for the TMtwin
    sif team have released an image for the tm twin
    They specification is tempting too -
    i have actually used a tm2 t oe and it was alright - Its built on the same chassis as the ill fated Tm800 - shame they couldn't have got it right 1st time ?
    My lesson after being stung with the TM800 is

Quote from :Rikjaard-Real

Save your hard earned money and buy an original

in my case i should have bought a dm800 not a tm800
    Dont bother with the cheaper stuff - Its all mickey Knock off copy cat unsupported blah blah blah whistle whistle :wank:

:rikjaard2:

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• My Gigablue does what its supposed to, i.e I can watch TV on it, which is something i couldn't do with the Alien 2 POS i had. My Gigablue doesn't keep green screening all the time, i can flick up and down the channels without fear of it either freezing or green screening.

I've had two Amiko products and both of them failed, one lasted ten hours the other lasted three months. Considering that the build quality is supposed to be that bad on the Gigablue why is my Gigablue and the 7 others i've installed still working after nearly two years?

I will agree with you on the TM800, that was a pile of b**locks, but TM have learned from that. I've only had my TM-2T and already i know its a better box than the Alien2. Picture quality is also on a par with the Alien2.

Enigma 2 was designed to be run on a MIPS CPU not SH4. Very few of the SH4 drivers are anywhere near to working correctly.

As for the Picture quality of the Alien 2, it was slightly better than the Gigablue but only marginally. Picture quality isn't an issue if the thing doesn't stay up long enough to enjoy it. I would rather have slightly inferior picture quality if the box is usable, which the Alien 2 isn't.

I can usually persevere with most receivers no matter how bad they were, but at the time the Alien 2 was no where near what i would call a usable receiver. I tried to sell it until the thing packed up and i had to send it back, which was a battle in itself.

As always said with anybody i have disagreements with on forums, your entitled to your opinion, and i'm entitled to mine.

Nano

I also forgot to mention , if the Gigablue is so bad how come you don't see every five minutes, people asking why they are having trouble loading firmware, why it won't clear the HD channels on 28.2e, why it keeps freezing and green screening. Simply because for such an apparently bad box, these issues simply don't exist with the Gigablue.

The Gigablue works no matter what is said about it, this isn't the case with the Alien 2.

The Alien 2 is fine for hardcore users who like to mess with their boxes, but for a novice these boxes will be a complete nightmare. As i've always asked, for a box which has such impressive specification, why is it so cheap?

Why do Fulan and Amiko not reply to their emails when i asked them how can you identify a clone receiver. They didn't even acknowledge that i had even sent it to them. Would you risk buying a receiver on the chance that it may be a clone, knowing fore well that if it is that it won't be long before the boxes bootloader is destroyed by Amiko/Fulans Spark firmware.

I do respect that they are trying to stop clones, but killing the boxes which inevitably 99% of the time the owners don't even realise are clones (due to the lack of information available on how to spot them) is not on as always its the end user not the seller that gets screwed when companies take it upon themselves to maliciously damage items that do not belong to them whether they are clones or not.

The lastest trick is not going to do them any favors as was the same with Dream Multimedia and Geminis 4.70 firmware for the DM500s. It made people find them untrustworthy as it will do with Amiko.

Nano

Sorry i need to correct myself, Gemini 4.70 is the last firmware release for the DM500s, it was 4.31 that contained the clone bomb :ops:

• first of all: the problem is on both spark and Enigma 2
    second: i went to the agent and he told me its a tuner driver problem and it will be fixed in the upcoming update ver. 62
    if not they will take the box back and return my money
    i found some other persons with the same problem on spark.tv forum

• Take the box back, get your money back and buy a proper receiver that works and does what its supposed to do. I doubt the Alien 2 will ever work properly, even the most basic functions don't seem to work without some sort of issue.

If it doesn't do what its supposed to its not fit for purpose, get your money back and consider yourself lucky that you got away with it without losing any money.

• The problem is solved (using HDMU E2 ver. 1632 which has the new tuner driver)
    Now waiting for the spark updated ver. since i do not know how to use or setup oscam4spark under E2 "to be able to use the encrypted free server"

Spark STI 7162 Support

Support for Amiko Alien 2, Delta, Dynavision 7162, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 2, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 3, Golden Media Spark Triplex, Golden Media Spark One, Icecrypt S3700 CHD, SAB Unix Triple HD, Samsat Linux 2, Satcom 7162, Sogno Spark Triple, Startrack SRT 2020 HD Plus, Superbox Z500, Truman TOP-BOX, Truman TopBox 2 Tuner, Visionnet Falcon, Spark STI 7162 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!