Help dm800 keeps turning off when switching to certain channels

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,685 times. The last Post () by nano.

• Hi everyone recently had a problem with my dm800 failing to start up so tried a new power supply (just an old multivolt power supply i had) in the box and seemed to be working again until i tried to tune into *** news hd every time i put this channel on my box powers off, i thought it might just of been a one off but tried it again and same happened so tried other hd channels and they were fine.

Read up a wee bit and seen someone suggest taking out the hdd so i did and the channels seem to work without powering off but i have tried different hdds and different images but still does the same with the hdd plugged in does anyone know what may cause this and is my box on its last legs lol

Thanks for looking
    Duncan

• Wish I could help you since I also have a problem but my box reboots for no apparent reason. It does it with some channels much more often than with others. It reboots but does not completely reboot. It freezes at the beginning of the reboot process and I have to remove the power supply and plug it back in for it to work until it reboots by itself again!
    I don't have an hdd in mine. If anyone has any ideas as to what it may be then I'd like to hear them.

• Is it a clone box were talking about here? I have an issue with the Sunray 800HD i have. It won't initialise the hard drive, not a major issue as i didn't pay for the box, i won it on the bonusball lottery, but from what i have read this is not an uncommon thing with these clone boxes.

To be honest i am thinking of getting shut of it anyway, it has very little use now I have more boxes than i know what to do with, all of the HD boxes I have are better than the DM800. I know i have a TM800 but thats just used for testing as it has a slight fault with it which means it cannot be used as an everyday box. I still think its a nice looking receiver even if it has a bit of a dodgy reputation.

Nano

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!