Setting up T90 with 4x (4X1 DiSEqC)

There are 38 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,477 times. The last Post () by nano.

• Hi guys, I took the plunge and got myself a T90 Bundle, I am now knee deep in this hobby, but I still have a long way to go yet....

Included was:
    T90
    4 Black Premium Selected Quad 40mm LNB's
    4 Ctagon ODS 41-02 (4X1 DiSEqC 2.0 Switches)

I know this hardware will not meet a lot of people's requirements, but this bundle was all I could afford so please no suggestions about getting better hardware. I want to get this setup working as is. I will upgrade to better switches / LNB's etc sometime in the future when I have the Ca$h..

I have a VU+ Solo2 & an openbox & DVB Viewer on my PC.. Ideally, here is the setup that I want to achieve..

28.2°E, 19.2°E, 13.0°E, 0.8°W , I might drop one of these for 9.0°E to get the Irish Channels on freeview or get another LNB? (I would love for someone to suggest better sat's if they could)

In the house, I have these box's

VU+ Solo2 in sitting room
    Openbox in Bedroom 1
    DM500 in Bedroom 2
    DM500 in Bedroom 3
    DVB Viewer on my HTPC with Quad TBS Tuner Card

I will want the 4 Quad LNB's feeding the 4 DiSEqC Switches, (Switch 1 = LNB1,LNB2,LNB3,LNB4), (Switch 2 = LNB1,LNB2,LNB3,LNB4) etc, etc...

I have a fixed Sat for 0963 so I will probably leave that out of my setup (Still not decided??)

On my VU+ Solo2 I will have Tuner #1 for 0963 from Fixed Sat & Tuner #2 from Switch 1 on T90
    On my openbox I will prob stay with 0963 from Fixed Sat (I have this slippery beast working well with 0963 so I might just leave it be)
    On my DM500 in Bedroom 2 I will have 0963 from Fixed Sat
    On my DM500 in Bedroom 3 I will have 0963 from Fixed Sat
    On DVB Viewer I will have Tuner #A With 0963 from Fixed Sat, Tuner #B With 0963 from Fixed Sat, Tuner #C from Switch 2 on T90 & Tuner #D from Switch 3 on T90..

OK That's the Setup I'm looking for. The problem is that I have never had a multi-sat setup before so I am a complete nooob...

I have come across great sites for pointing LNB's ETC...

h**p://www.satlex.de/en/wavefrontier_calc.html
    h**p://www.dishpointer.com/

I am most clueless about the DiSEqC setup.... I have no Idea whether they have to be programmed or If the instructions are put in the Receiver..

I have seen this post by Ten..
    http://linuxsat-support.com/di…t-up-diseqc-switches.html
    but still no clearer..

Any Info to help point me in the right direction would be much appreciated...

Also I seen some great LNB holders for the T90, Some of them with up to 20 LNB's on them, do they have to be fabricated or could I buy one??

Thanks guys

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• Any suggestions at all on setting this up guys? It has been too rainy & windy over the weekend to even start putting up the sat.. I just need to know how to set the DiSEqC Switches to work with the VU+ Solo2, Openbox & DM500 and alsothe Cable configuration (if above is incorrect).

Thanks

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• Lots of bedroom boxes! do you run a b&b? ;)

Don't know anything about the switches but am sure someone will help you out.

Do you have a sat meter?

I started out in this hobby to save money. This has not been the case!

Good luck.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Lots of bedroom boxes! do you run a b&b? ;)

Ha, not quiet, but the kids treat it like a b & b

Do you have a sat meter?

No, but better again, I have a Sat installer m8

& dont talk to me about saving money m8, I could have a lifetime sub for the money I have spent... But that would be no fun...

• Guys, this is getting a bit more urgent in light of current 0963 situation, lol... Can somebody PLEASE point be in the right direction.. I still have all the same questions from post 1 and my T90 is sitting in the hallway...
    Hopefully somebody that has a T90 setup could give me some pointers..

Thanks

• Run one cable from each receiver to the dish. Connect cable from each receiver to output on each of the DISEqC switches.

Setup your lnbs in order as below and connect each output from each lnb to each DISEqC switch.

The way i have my Bisat dish setup is 28.2 , 19e, 13e and 7e (Used to be 9e)

28.2e on port 1 (AA), 19e on port 2 (AB), 13e on port 3 (BA), and 9e/7e on port 4 (BB). As long as the DISEqC switches you have comply with DISEqC 1.1 you can shove more lnbs into the mix, but we'll cover that later.

You then setup each receiver in DISEqC mode with which ever sats you have setup on the dish.

Just get your mate to setup the dish and lnbs first as you can't really do anything else until thats done.

Nano

Run one cable from each receiver to the dish. Connect cable from each receiver to output on each of the DISEqC switches.

Setup your lnbs in order as below and connect each output from each lnb to each DISEqC switch.

Fair play m8, I have now got a starting point..

The way i have my Bisat dish setup is 28.2 , 19e, 13e and 7e (Used to be 9e)

Would those 4 sats (In your opinion) be the best for a decent variety and a good starting point for multi-sat CS?

28.2e on port 1 (AA), 19e on port 2 (AB), 13e on port 3 (BA), and 9e/7e on port 4 (BB) as long as the DISEqC switches you have comply with DISEqC 1.1 you can shove more lnbs into the mix, but we'll cover that later.

Nano

This is still a bit of an enigma to me because I dont know if these settings go into the STB receiver or into a controller for the DISEqCs

I also have Ten's Tut bookmarked
    http://linuxsat-support.com/di…t-up-diseqc-switches.html

I just don't know where these settings are entered... The switches are Ctagon ODS 41-02 (DiSEqC 2.0 Switches), I presume they are compatible with 1.1 but again... I'm clueless to this

Thanks again m8.

how many discq switch's have you and how many lnbs
    its very easy if your not using more than 4 on any 1 rec.
    did you get quad lnbs??

Sry, missed your post annie12, all my equipment is listed at start of post 1.. I have m8 setting up sat tomorrow... all the cables are already running from box's out to where the T90 & Switches are being setup..

• I set up those positions on mine as my dish can only handle about 30 degrees of the arc. Its upto yourself which ones you set up on yours, I would set up the ones you watch the most.

The way i do it is to pick a starting point for port 1. I ususally use the furthest east satellite i want to view and then select the next port for each sat i want to use as i go west.

Port 1 on the DISEqC switch will equal port AA in the receiver, Port 2 will be AB, port 3 will be BA and port 4 will be BB.

• could not have said better myself nano,
    1 thing i might give a bit of taught to i have an 80cm
    dish with 3 lnbs but i aligned it with 13' center with 28' and 19'
    @ other ends. and i had to skew/gink the 28' a lot as it was 15' from center
    so i taught i might mention it, take your time you will get it right..Annie

• You would be better putting the prime focus on 19e not 13e . I did one last week exactly the same, 80cm dish with 3 Fracarro lnbs on 13e, 19e and 28e. You may get 16e or 23e as well if you use the really thin ALPS lnbs.

Nano

• I'm a bit excited about this now... Roll on tomorrow & I'm sure i will be back with more questions.. lol

• Not sure how good or bad my equipment is, it all came in a bundle.. I said i might as well have everything i need getting started, If I need to upgrade later I will

4 Black Premium Selected Quad 40mm LNB's 0.2dB
    4 Ctagon ODS 41-02 (4X1 DiSEqC 2.0 Switches)

LNB's are not the thinnest, but I should have no problem with 28.2°E, 19.2°E, 13.0°E & 0.8°W

• OK, started my T90 project today...

First problem, no Wall mount, its arriving tomorrow :doubt:

Quick question guys, could I use the existing Sly thin double satellite cable that I already have running to my box's to connect to my DiSEqC Switches or would I have to run heavily insulates Satellite cable between box's & Switch?

thanks

• It will work fine over a short distance. It also depends on if its WF63 or WF65 type cable. You get greater loss with the WF63 as it only has Aluminum foil wrap and braiding, sometimes the core is also copper coated steel rather than pure copper.

The better quality WF65 is copper cored with copper foil wrap and braiding, it has a lot less signal and voltage loss than WF63.

It will work fine providing the run isn't over a great distance. Over 30m might be pushing it a bit with the WF63 type. You can find out by just looking on the side of the cable. It usually states the brand, the type and whether or not it has a CAI number. Don't be tempted to join both pieces as it will cause more problems which you won't want.

Unfortunately If the cable has been fitted by 5ky it could be anything. Just make sure that the center core isn't touching the connector as this stuff can be a pain in the arse sometimes. When you are happy with how it works make sure you seal the connection with self amalgamating tape to stop water ingress. Make sure you use decent connectors to.

Just use the spare cable to go to your 5ky mini dish. You can then reposition it as there are quite a few birds up there that are quite high powered. 30w, 5w, 19.2, 9e, 13e and of course 28.2e are all possibilities. You will have to force the lnb round to get the right skew angle for the western sats, just remove the lnb from the holder and file down the raised part on the lnb that goes into the holder. it will then move round to where ever it needs to.

Try it first before you seal the joint. If all else fails you will just have to do a new cable run.

Nano

• Absolute nightmare of a day, I spent 5 hours trying to pick up 13E, no joy..

Any good software satellite meters, I downloaded two but they did not work, they were showing good signal everywhere...

if you have a vu there a siganl strength plugin available
    I used it on the old solo and duo and found it good quite accurate

Have not connected the VU yet, I just have connection straight into PC at the mo...

Had a real disaster today trying to set 13.0E as central sat because the Wall mount would not come out far enough to allow the T90 to center on 13E. Im thinking of setting 19.2E as central position to avoid the side of the satellite hitting the wall..

The thing that had us bogged down most was getting the Elevation angle correct. It was supposed to be 27° but after setting the skew angle, this was next to impossible to calculate, we were reduced to trying to calculate it by eye..
    Maybe an idea would be to set the Skew angle to Zero, then set the Elevation angle to 27° when everything was level & then setting the skew angle.. Food for thought for tomorrow...

If anybody has any advice, I would appreciate it...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!