Setting up T90 with 4x (4X1 DiSEqC)

There are 38 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,478 times. The last Post () by nano.

• Found 'enigma signal meter - krkadoni edition' very useful - runs on pc with xp.
    You need to be able to see your stb on the network to use it.
    Also need to have setup a bouquet to select a channel from, not the raw channels/satellites as they don't show on list.
    13,19 and 28E are powerful enough sats - never had much trouble getting them.
    What you could do is try and get 28e by putting an lnb at the centre and lining up the T90 pointing in the same direction as your *** dish.
    You know you stb is configured and working on 28e, so all you have to worry about is moving your T90.
    Make sure you use the dishpointer website and put in your location to get a good starting point to setup your dish, especially elevation.
    When you get that you have a reference point to start from. If you are putting 13e as centre, then when standing in front of the dish, 13e will to the right and lower - you have to move the dish to the right and lower it at the back.
    In between 28e and 13e you should be able to get 19e.
    A 28-19-13-0.8 setup with 13 as centre will look from the front as 13 centre, 19 to the left and higher, 28 further to the left (further than you might think) and higher again. 0.8 should be to the right and slightly lower than 13e.

If you search the web, you will find that someone has an updated list of the strongest transponders/channels on each sat - use these channels when initially trying to find sat.
    One very important lesson I learned was to have your stb connected to the lnb directly and not through the disecq switch when trying to find the sats.

Last point I would make is that anyone who has ever ventured with a multi-sat setup (T90 or otherwise) will have got great Fun/Frustration from doing it.

I used the t90 calculator at satlex.de to get the lnb positions depending on your location and your centre point, but it looks like that site is gone....

WW

• Cheers m8, lots of great info there... I will get cracking again in the morning...

Just one thing, I was using satlex.de all week when planning my project but today as I started, the site was down. If somebody can do me a favor & please test that this site is up and running & report back..

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• Official Post

Cheers m8, lots of great info there... I will get cracking again in the morning...

Just one thing, I was using satlex.de all week when planning my project but today as I started, the site was down. If somebody can do me a favor & please test that this site is up and running & report back..

Does not seem to be loading properly, just getting a white page here buddy.

• Still showing just blank page - maybe its not gone yet...
    If it comes back online, then what you should do is put in your position and generate a number of configurations with different sats as centre and save/print them off.

Have a look here for some mod info, and look for posts by RimaNTSS and Greenman
    Multifeed WFT-90 some modification done - Pictures of Members' Setups and general satellite installations - Satellite & Digital TV Support forum

Does not seem to be loading properly, just getting a white page here buddy.

Murphy's law.. Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong...

Still showing just blank page - maybe its not gone yet...
    If it comes back online, then what you should do is put in your position and generate a number of configurations with different sats as centre and save/print them off.

Will do m8, I have another site that seems to have the same info, I was using it yesterday but I could not align 13E...
    h**p://members.home.nl/zekitez/wf/calculator_earth.html
    I am going to try 19.2 as my central position (It suits better the orientation of my house & the configuration still lets me get all the sats I was interested in)

Have a look here for some mod info, and look for posts by RimaNTSS and Greenman
    Multifeed WFT-90 some modification done - Pictures of Members' Setups and general satellite installations - Satellite & Digital TV Support forum

Wow, some serious setups there... One thing that crossed my mind, If i was to add sats in between the 4 or 5 I am starting off with now, would I have to remove the LNB's I have fixed to slide on the new LNB holders? That would be a scarey thought! :too_sad:

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

Bear in mind if set the sat say for 19' well the 13' lnb will be opposite way as it were in the arc
    eg if look from the front of dish the 28 will be on the left so 13' will be on the right LOL

yep, I took the sat down and redone all the positions from scratch.. from left to right from the front, I have 28.2E, 19.2E, 13E, 9E & 8W.. I really thought I would have this done in a day! I will be lucky to have it done this week, lol! But I love learning and trial n error is what its all about..

• If you are using the std lnb holders your will probably have to realign them all again if you want to add a new sat - that's the reason why the lads made up their own lnb holders and slide bar and bar mount.
    Have attached a satlex configuration I saved with 12E as centre.
    The position I used was Dublin Airport, so hopefully it can be of some use.

• OK, success at last but not 100% yet... I have 19.2 & 28.2 setup & working, I'm going to test the other sat's soon...

I am finding that the T90 is blowing like crazy in the wind even though it is fixed as securely as possible with the wall mount and all nuts and bolts are tightened..
    In fairness, today is an exceptionally windy day so I'm not too bothered about it, but I would like to know if anybody else has ever used extra bracing to negate the wind..

• Good to see you are making progress.
    Big problem with these dishes is that they are big and ideally should be positioned out of the wind.
    Never used a wall bracket - mine is on a 6ft pole at ground level with about 3ft buried in concrete to make sure it stays there.

If satlex ever comes back there are some great pictures of setups.
    I think i did see someone with some sort of support wires running from the ends of the lnb bar back to the main dish, but I think he had extended the bar.
    Also, I'm sure I did see a setup with 2 T90's mounted above the roofline, 1 each for the full range of East + West sats.

Forgot to say, If you are interested in the French channels, there is a number of them fta on 5W.
    There is stuff on 5E as well, but have not looked in a while.

16E, 23E, 1W, 12.5W and them sats close together are hard to get,
    Have 9e for saorsat - mainly because I could.

• Absolute nightmare of a day, I spent 5 hours trying to pick up 13E, no joy..

Any good software satellite meters, I downloaded two but they did not work, they were showing good signal everywhere...

Sorry i'm a bit late on this thread. Just finished a 13hr shift and I'm knackered lol.

When i first started playing with satellites i used to use an old Fortec Star receiver and and old 7" Black and white TV to set my dishes up. It was a bit basic but it worked a treat with my first motorised setup :haha:

Just remember on the reverse setup, that 13e will not only be to the right it will also be lower. If you place the lnb just to the left side and slightly down of the 19e one it shouldn't be to far out

Big problem with these dishes is that they are big and ideally should be positioned out of the wind.

I am quiet limited to the places I can put the satellite, but I have drawn up a second bracing unit that I'm going to get fabricated tomorrow to brace the top of the wall mount poll... Hopefully that will do the trick (Or at least improve the situation)

Have 9e for saorsat - mainly because I could.

I need a different LNB for Saorsat don't I? That might be an idea if Sly goes black, The missus loves the Irish Soap's.. RTE TV3 3e & TG4 don't show on King of Sat, are they labeled as something else?

Sorry i'm a bit late on this thread. Just finished a 13hr shift and I'm knackered lol.

When i first started playing with satellites i used to use an old Fortec Star receiver and and old 7" Black and white TV to set my dishes up. It was a bit basic but it worked a treat with my first motorised setup

Just remember on the reverse setup, that 13e will not only be to the right it will also be lower. If you place the lnb just to the left side and slightly down of the 19e one it shouldn't be to far out

No prob m8, I'm flying now, only have 19.2 & 28.2 so far but that's just because I had to stop, its way to windy to be up 20 feet on a ladder.. I have all the LNB holders in place so hopefully it will just be a matter or popping them in, very strong signals from 19 & 28, fingers crossed..

• I need a different LNB for Saorsat don't I? That might be an idea if Sly goes black, The missus loves the Irish Soap's.. RTE TV3 3e & TG4 don't show on King of Sat, are they labeled as something else?

You need a KA band lnb - got mine in Powercity for 35euro.
    You need a dvb-s2 receiver (your vu+ will do) to receive the signal - the lnb is also setup differently to your normal lnb, but easily done.
    The trick to getting it positioned correctly, is to use a normal lnb first and set it up on your stb to get the fta channels on 9e. Then replace the lnb with the ka lnb and reconfigure the stb to receive the correct signals.
    Don't forget there is no 3e or tv3 on saorsat, they are only on saorview which you can get with a simple aerial (normally) and a dvb-t tuner.
    Newer tv's bought in IRL now should be able to receive saorview directly. Alternatively you could get a usb dvbv-t tuner and use it in your duo.
    Plenty of threads giving details and problems with this method.

The list of things to play with/buy just goes on .......

• Yep m8, I have 28.2, 23.5, 19.2 13.0 & 7.0e.. All working pretty good. I am now just working on my euro shares, but coming on well. I have 7.0E most of 13.0E, a couple off 19.2E & 23.5E... Its working like a well oiled machine now... The only problem I have now it creating Bouquets that are easy to zap through on my VU+ Solo2. The AutobouquetsMaker plugin is great for a few of the big ones, but for the likes of Ca*al etc Im not too sure how to add the custom bouquets... Apart from that, my only worry is what sub to go for after Sly... I will post all my steps in an easy to follow guide for anyone that is interested... There were a few very simple and yet not so obvious things I did wrong at the start that caused me to waste a lot of time initially, but it was all worth it...

• I did warn you about the Fun and Frustration you will have :laugh:
    Just think the fun you will have when you decide to say add 16 to your lot.
    As you found out, you wont do mess with in the winter, so probably once a year, you will rearrange things to see what's you can get, and then probably put it back to the way you had it.

• Guys, I having real trouble with my VU+ (Duo & Solo2) Tuner config's so I know its me but I'm out of ideas.
    I have ViX on both VU+
    I have a normal 28.2 connected input 1
    & 4 Port DiSEqC Switch connected to Input 2 (with Port 1 28.2, Port 2 23.5, Port 3 19.2 & Port 4 13.0)

I have the following Settings in my Tuner Config:

Tuner 1
    Configeration Mode = Simple
    Mode = Single
    Satellite = 28.2
    DiSEqC = No

Tuner 2
    Configeration Mode = Simple
    Mode = DiSEqC A/B/C/D
    Port A = 28.2
    Port B = 23.5
    Port C = 19.2
    Port D = 13.0
    Set Voltage at 22 = YES
    Set DiSEqC only on Satellite Change = No

When I use AutoBouquetsMaker to Scan for a few providers on Sats other than 28.2, I get Timeout for tuner lock errors and Tuner not available. Any ideas would be appreciated...

I have also tried to configure Input 2 with:
    Configeration Mode = Advanced

Same Issue..

• I swapped the DiSEqC switch for another 4x1 that I was using with my HTPC. They had the exact same port configuration.. Very strange, It looks like it was a feed problem an yet the old feed to the old switch is working perfect on my HTPC!
    I am completely stumped..

Can anyone suggest a decent DiSEqC swicth for 10 or more LNB's?

• Theres nothing stopping you from using two switches and running DISEqC 1.1. Just set the first switch up as an uncommitted one and then the others connected to it as committed switches. In theory you can daisy chain them upto a stupid amount of combinations.

Its a little more awkward to set up on the receiver, i've only ever done it once with my old DM7020Si under Gemini 4.3 about 4 years ago. I've never done it with an Enigma 2 receiver but from what i can see from the settings In Enigma 2 you just set it up under advanced rather than simple with a combination of uncommitted and commuted commands.

Just set each satellite up as an individual lnb and then set that lnb to command up to which ever switch combination works.

Nano

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!