Solo won't boot latest images

There are 13 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,968 times. The last Post () by niall_b73.

• Hi all looking for some help with solo please.

I was using the vix 3.0 image and everything was fine but I decided to try out blackhole 1.79.

After many flashes and reflashes I decided to stick with blackhole 1.78, the same image I'm using on mu duo. As always I decided to clear the cache in my flash by installing origional vu software drivers, think it was called version7.

Everything went fine the firmware flashed and I got the basic standard vu setup. I then flashed the blackhole image. I got nothing, just a blank screen. So I tried again and again and even went back to the vix image but still nothing. I decided to reinstall origional vu software again. Yet again this booted up no probs. so again I tried vix and blackhole and again after the flash and reboot I got nothing again just a blank blue tv screen with no signal.

I then tried downgrading the origional vu firmware to version 6. Yet again thîs was fine, everything booted into the basic vu setup.

So this time I tried an old vu image blackhole 1.72 this booted fine no issues at all.

So I think to myself I'll try vix 3.0 again and this time ill use the full backup.

And yet again it won't boot!

Any ideas would be much appreciated!

Thanks.

• As always I decided to clear the cache in my flash by installing origional vu software drivers, think it was called version7.

Cant really help much but this part is a total myth, every time you flash a image it first erases the flash before loading the new image onto the receiver. Take my word for it on this as i have flashed my 6 receivers several thousands of times and never once loaded the OI to flush the cache ( because it does not ).

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• Have you considered your box may be a clone? Where did you get it from?

This sounds like an issue that many clone users have been complaining about. As for the bootloader if it had Vix 3.0 on it to start with, it stands a chance it already has the newest bootloader installed.

Nano

• Hi all, thanks for all the advice but still no joy. I've managed to get onto blackhole 1.75 but can get no further.

I know it's not a clone because I have purchased genuine receivers from the same seller before, the price I paid means it's not a clone and it was using the latest images which I understand cloned can't.

I can also flash the latest vu origional firmware with no issues at all.

I guess it's a case of send the box back or stick with blackhole 1.75, as it's just a bedroom box I guess 1.75 will do.

The price I paid means it's not a clone and it was using the latest images

Price doesn't mean anything, there are some unscrupulous people out there who will quite happily rip you off if they think they can get away with it, the V3 clones can also run new software. If your happy in the knowledge that its a genuine box then it needs further investigation to whats wrong, or you need to speak to the company/person you bought the box off.

Nano

• what you mean with : //origional vu software drivers, think it was called version7//
    the latest vu solo drivers are ""vuplus-dvb-modules-vusolo-3.1.1-4.4.3-20130125""

Ive installed this

Original Vu+ Solo Image Ver 7.0 Release (03.02.2012)

http://linuxsat-support.com/vu…mage-ver-7-0-release.html

then I tried the bootloader update and got no joy.

Everything was fine untill I installed

Original Vu+ Solo Image Ver 7.0 Release (03.02.2012)

• Have you considered your box may be a clone? Where did you get it from?

This sounds like an issue that many clone users have been complaining about. As for the bootloader if it had Vix 3.0 on it to start with, it stands a chance it already has the newest bootloader installed.

Nano

hi Nano
    mines a v3 clone & running spot-on with OpenPLi 3.0 with Icefilms/X-hamster/1channel/ITV&BBC players :caz2:

If my post helps hit the Thanks ;-)

• Neolxs i would suggest you contact the shop you had this box from. Its either a clone or there is a problem with it. Either way i would say its now a problem that needs to be sorted out with the retailer.

Nano

• hi Nano
    mines a v3 clone & running spot-on with OpenPLi 3.0 with Icefilms/X-hamster/1channel/ITV&BBC players :caz2:

hi mate, i have the same setup as yourself but instead of bbc and itv i have the rte's.
    anyhow i have been trying to install the icefilms plugin but to no avail, i have tried it numerous times and still nothing !!

just wondering did you have to do anything different on the install instructions ??

niall_b73

( ͡° ʖ ͡°)

VU+ SOLO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!