Help for newbie

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 398 times. The last Post () by cazuela.

• Hi, you guys amaze me. I honestly don't know how you came to understand the Dreambox so well, because the handbook that came with my DM500S is completely useless and my (brand new) DM800 HD didn't even HAVE a handbook. Naturally, I have been searching the net for support (hence I found this site) but I've really struggled. Both boxes were ready to "plug & play" when I bought them, so it is only since they began to act up, that I've had to learn about set-up & troubleshooting. If poss, I would like some help with my DM500S.
    It froze completely and I read on the net that I had to re-flash the image (Jade) To my own amazement,...and feeling like old Tesla himself...I actually managed to accomplish this! The box is now working, but I only get FTA channels. I get the message "This channel cannot be decrypted" when I select a non-FTA channel. I talked to the server folks and they gave me the 'n line' information which they said I needed to insert via FTP using DCC or Dreamedit (I forget which) Well, I made a good deal of progress with that on my own. Got my PC talking to my box via null modem etc., got Telnet & FTP working, but after that I ground to a halt. I found some video on youtube, but it seemed to be old, as the screens they were showing looked way different from what I was seeing on my screen. Is there any site or link that anybody knows of, which gives clear instructions on how to insert the 'n line' on a DM500S? I would really appreciate any help I can get on this and thanks in advance for that. Thanks also to the hosts of this site. Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place. I am a total Newbie. Oh, by the way, when I was flashing the image, I was given the option of 'flash' or 'flash & erase". I chose 'flash & erase'. Was that ok?
    Cheers!
    Soulmanfrankie

• I talked to the server folks and they gave me the 'n line' information which they said I needed to insert via FTP using DCC or Dreamedit

Elaborate Further with regards your relationship with the server folks.
    Are they people you pay ?

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• Yes, but I pay them only for the channel decryption. The box I bought was already set up. It was just a matter of plug & play. Then the box froze solid. it was up to me to unblock it, so I've been fighting a lonely battle trying to accomplish that, in the course of which I have been able to flash the Jade image to it and get it working on a basic level.
    Now I have to insert this 'n' line, which I believe goes into Cccam. Alas, I haven't the faintest notion what either of those terms mean, nor how to begin to insert the one into the other. The stuff I have found on YouTube, seems old and the clips they show as part of the step-by-step instructions, have command lines which are different to the ones on my box (DM500S)
    Do you have a link to a step-by-step how-to?
    Meanwhile...
    I consider myself deservedly slapped on the wrist by admin, but honest, i did use the search tool. Maybe i just didnt use the right search string.
    I'll try again.

• maybe you should read the rules again :

<12> Anyone found to be running a Pay Server will be permanently banned.

<13> If you are the supporter of a Pay Server DO NOT ask for support, your request will be ignored.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!