One of the ways to spot a clone Alien SHD-8900

There are 20 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,690 times. The last Post () by Gavin.

• I had a friend bring round a bricked Amiko Alien SHD-8900 receiver yesterday in order to try and recover it for him after it was bricked by the 1.2.61 update. Its still bricked.

I had a good chance to look at the packing and manuals etc.

What i did notice is that there is a spelling mistake on the word Alien on the top section of the box. It is spelt ALEIN not ALIEN. I think this is going to be one of the biggest give aways.

I also noticed that the manuals pages looked washed out and faded. If this is how your receiver has arrived its a very good chance that its a clone box.

It would be appreciated if somebody with a known genuine box can confirm that my findings are not the case on the original Amiko packaging and manual. Maybe Lavatronics would like to input their views on this since they are an approved Amiko seller. Their input on this would be appreciated.

The other good way to find out is that a lot of the clone boxes will not accept the newest HDMU or Satstation images. They will only take the older Kernal based PKT image or the likes of the old Pro-Triplex image.

Nano

• Jibam, i have no idea by just looking a photo. Have you tried to install HDMU on it? Most clones i have seen will not install images based on the new Kernel, only the older images like PKT nebula and Pro Triples will install on it. The spelling mistake is on the cardboard box the receiver comes in, not on the receiver. You can try emailing Fulan who make the originals, but i wouldn't expect to get much of a response back from them. I emailed them 3 times and never got as much as even an acknowledgment back from them.

If your not 100% sure just keep the box on Spark 1.2.58se on it.

mtahirghauri, your box looks like one of the newer models, no idea if they have been cloned yet, but as its a newer model its very likely the packaging will be different anyway. Where did you buy it from and how much did you pay for it.

Nano

• I've install Nebula PKTeam and then re-install with HDMU.. it run ok also...
    Which HDMU based are you talking? can you give the link? Or I just take the latest built?
    the box look legit also.. and I have the product card (the card like credit card material)..

• Dear,
    Thanks for replying. I don't have any packing with me. My brother in Kuwait bought on Ebay from a Lithuanian seller for me and then sent it to me in Pakistan through a friend without packing to save space in the luggage. I have installed latest HDMU images on it and those are working fine on it (except the problem that I was not able to run any emus on it). Its remote control is without any product name with blue transparent portal button.
    Regards,
    mtahirghauri

• Sorry i have no idea, mine is long gone. It packed up so i cut my losses and bought a MIPS receiver instead.

As for emus, you cannot run CCCam on that box, you have to use OSCam. CCCam is not designed to run on a SH4 cpu based box.

Nano

• working fine (except the problem that I was not able to run any emus on it).
    mtahirghauri

LoL

Pays ya money takes ya chance as they say !
    Buy a more reputable receiver next time -
    Since there will be a next time !
    cos the junk you have isn't fit for purpose !
    And trading standards are non existent in Lithuania - Unlike Britain -
    use oscam
    Good luck

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• Sorry to be blunt but i have to agree with Rikjaard on this one.

• Mate,
    I meant to say that I am not able to run any emus in that image (HDMU E2 Image), though on Spark OS, Mgcamd, CCCam and Oscam, all are working fine and opening all major packages without freezing.

• Opinions opinions opinions ... I have two here working very nicely, much better than some so called reputable boxes I've had. But I guess we now have to start towing the party sponsor line.

Sent from my iPad using Telepathy

• I wouldn't say that. This is a pretty relaxed forum, you can speak your mind as i have done on many occasions and yes i have upset some people but unfortunately not everybody has the same point of view as me. I think with any sponsor there has to be a bit of give and take, you take the good with the bad.

As you have said everyone is entitled to their opinion, even if it may nark some people. I may well have another go with a Spark box sometime in the future, although i don't know which one and i don't know when.

I'm just going to sit on the fence and i will wait to see what people are saying before i go down the SH4 route again. I have enough boxes to play with now that will keep me happy for a while :haha:

Nano

• Hi, by using useful input from nano and others on this forum, I have compiled a one page guide to recognize a clone of Amiko Alien SHD-8900. Please see this and let me know if there is anything wrongly mentioned in it. Your feedback will be much appreciated because by making a good guide about Clone Amiko Alien SHD-8900, we will be able to save many others from this problem.

0ddc97fbe4b5600df9.jpg

6c7fbf40.jpg

• my box for my one is spelt correctly but the instructions do look a little washed out.

i got a credit card type thing with mine and a number to go on to there site and register.

I want to work out if mines a clone before i update sparky

• Where did you get it from? My mates box got killed and that had the credit card thing as well.

The card doesn't mean anything to be totally honest.

Spark STI 7111 Support

Support for ADOH R1, Amiko Alien SHD 8900, Amiko Alien Mini, Goldmaster HD 1200, Golden Media 990 CR HD PVR Spark LX, Golden Media Spark Reloaded, Edision Argus Pingulux, Edision Argus Pingulux Plus, Galaxy Innovations GI S, SAB Unix F+ Solo, Dynavision Spark, Dynavision Spark Plus, Fulan Spark I+, Truman Premier 1+, Samsat Linux 1, Startrack SRT 2020 HD, FullHD FH 2020 HD, Yumatu Spark, Visionnet Hammer, Visionnet Fireball, Superbox S750, Sogno Spark Revolution, Spark STI 7111 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!