USB Tuner woorking on Vu+ Duo but not on Ultimo

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,361 times. The last Post () by arber.

• I have a Win TV N***-T usb tuner which I need to get working on my Vu+ Ultimo for the Irish Terrestrial channels. When I enter the frequency and use 8 Mhz bandwidth and do a manual scan it doesn't pick up anything. I am using Vix 3.0 latest build. Now when I put the same stick in the duo and do the same scan it picks up the channels fine. I also tried a sundtek usb tuner. Same story, works fine on the duo but nothing on the ultimo. The duo is also using Vix 3.0 latest build. I wonder is there any reason why this should be so. Does the Ultimo need something else or am I missing something ? I would be most grateful for any help or advice as I really need this to work on the Ultimo.

• try this - in the Duo - where it does work, locate the file /var/tuxbox/terrestrial.xml - copy this file, and then paste it to /var/tuxbox in your ultimo, then reboot, and see if the scan works

Not sure it will work but I am wondering if there is any issues with the terrestrial.xml file in the ultimo causing this, because from what you say the tuner is recognised but it isn't picking up anything.

(moved thread out of VIP section to the right category - for better chance of a solution)

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• have you got it properly configured ??
    config : enabled
    terrestrial provider: EUROPE DVB-T frequencies
    enable 5V for avctive antenna : off
    dont confuse T with C in the provider...
    and let it run ,it should start in 7mhz up through 8mhz ,etc...
    also,, try another usb pòrt..then a full reboot
    I have to reboot the UNO with vix image to restart the dvbt stick every now and then..

• Yes I have it configured like that. As I said the exact same configuration scans no problem in the Duo. I notice when I go to Service searching / Automatic scan , the tuner does not appear there, but when I pick Manual scan, the tuner is there and I can enter the frequency and bandwidth and then scan. I have tried all the bandwidths available in the manual scan option .

• on the ultimo when you are going MENU - Information - Devices - is it showing as a tuner? Have you tried another USB slot? And might sound silly question if you have, but I take it you installed the relevant driver from the drivers list on the plugin feeds?

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Yes checked Devices and it's there. I also tried another USB slot and rebooted. I can't remember the driver I downloaded for the N***-T but I think it was dib0700. Anyway when I downloaded it and rebooted , it recognised the tuner, so I'm guessing the driver is ok. At this stage I'm ready to throw my hat at it and am wondering would it have anything to do with the fact that I appear to have a faulty slot B in my Ultimo ? ( see my other post in this section )

Enigma2 DVB - FBC - USB Tuners

Enigma2 Tuners. Articles, Downloads and Support for DVB-S2 Tuners, DVB-S2X Tuners, DVB-C/T2 Tuners, DVB-C USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2 USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2/C USB Tuners, FBC Tuners, and Tuner Drivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!