My Dreambox dm800HD constantlly frezzes & restarts - help pls

There are 12 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,840 times. The last Post () by canthackit.

• Hello all!

I have a Dreambox dm800HD (clone) sim 2.01 and the past few months I've been experiencing a problem. More specifically, while I'm watching a channel it suddenly freezes and stays frozen. After a short while it restarts, but not completely. It restarts only partially, but then it gets stuck at the beginning of the process. I have to unplug it and plug it back in for it to restart properly. It is very annoying!

Any ideas about what the problem can be?

Thanks

• Which channels are we talking about? Are they free to air ones or encrypted?

Is the channel being cleared from a Card, or from a C line from friends or a Payserver?

We need all the info before we can even guess what the problem is.

nano

• Thanks for answering.

The channels are not Free to Air. To tell you the truth I haven't checked if that happens to FTA channels.

They are being cleared from a C line.

Thanks again.

Also I have another question about something else. If I'm using Notepad++ and I want to save the file CCcam.cfg file, in the "Save as" option what format should I save it in? Thanks.

• From where? It might sound daft but it makes all the difference where the line is coming from.

Nano

• Well actually I'm kind of new at this and I'm trying things out. My knowledge is limited on the subject. A friend of mine is has been away for quite a while because of work and he's given me his lines to use until he gets back. After that I'll have to work something out for myself.

• Well if the lines are from a Payserver which is sounds like it is to me, that will be your problem. It will be oversubscribed and will not be able to cope with the amount of requests its getting.

You also won't get any help here for it. I suggest you contact the person providing the lines as that will undoubtable be where the issue is coming from.

Nano

• Thanks for answering. I'm not sure if it is a payserver because I didn't ask much since he was kind enough to let me use it. Even if it is, how could it affect my box and make it restart? Wouldn't it do that to any channel I watched and not to some more than others?

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to answer.

Can you at least help me out with the question I asked about Notepad++ in post #3?

Also can you tell me or direct me to a post that can inform me about how to join a "group" and how to do things for myself properly. I've got to start somewhere.

Thanks again.

• if its only happening on ppv channels and you dont have a local card...
    start reading cardsharing section for the how to...
    RULE <14> Card sharing over the Internet is forbidden, do so at your own risk !!!
    In case you have forgotten the rules :
    <12> Anyone found to be running a Pay Server will be permanently banned.

<13> If you are the supporter of a Pay Server DO NOT ask for support, your request will be ignored.

why not change the image to another one...if the current one is failing..
    make a new text to save a .cfg , use notepad to add/edit etc, a text and then ftp it over ,,,
    remember CCcam.cfg should only have chmod 644 attributes.

• make a new text to save a .cfg , use notepad to add/edit etc, a text and then ftp it over ,,,
    remember CCcam.cfg should only have chmod 644 attributes.

Thanks for answering.

How do I give the CCcam.cfg file these attributes? I didn't see them anywhere. (Like I said before, I'm new at this.)

• when in dcc right click on the file and you will see attributes .
    click and you will see options,,press 644 then save file.

So just to be sure. I just save as .txt and then do what you said in dcc and that's it?

• Best thing to do is get a proper FTP program, it makes life a lot easier. You can download free trial versions of CuteFTP, that will get you three months. There are 3 versions and each come with a 1 month trial :haha:

Once your done with that you can use 2 versions of Flash FXP.

Nano

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!