can i stream my vu duo box

There are 15 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,103 times. The last Post () by niall_b73.

• yup, any help on this subject would be greatly appreciated.
    i did try this but it got complicated at the end

niall_b73

( ͡° ʖ ͡°)

• Yes you can...

EnigmaTV (pc) and Idreamx (mac) will allow you to do this.....

There is a panel within each to set this up, if i recall you need another dns addy and you need to open a port of your choice up in router to allow outside browsing

That should get you started...if you get stuck post back and i will try and get it up and running from here and give steps

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• Had a look at this but seems you need your pc on to do this , not direct from the box its self ? am i right ? can the vlc plugin stream from the box direct to the internet like its pc version or does it just open a network stream ? slingbox pro still looks like the easy alternative

• many thanks yes i would love a tut on how to set this up i have installed the software and registered it
    stuck on the settings page, do i put in the ip address of my box and the port? im a bit lost on the settings any help be great thanks

• slingbox will only connect to 1 person at a time but you have full control of your box as it uses a remote blaster and binary files are available for vu boxes if you google jp1 remotes
    i have streamed divx and the likes of my pc with vlc either ip address or dns it works but from a box i didnt try that yet the slingbox i got was the best solution as i can use it from 4 sources so have an ac ryan player sat box and the ariel into it and can swap source over the internet

Handy for those who dont have a sly sub and cant use sly go

• all i want to do is stream sport channels to my partner father pc, to be honest i dont think i would get that much use out of the slingbox unless you can record programs on it are they that good seen them on ebay different models

• you can make your box record with it and with the android app you can record with the dvr function pc player you can drag the cursor back and timeshift like with any media player , i think they are great , i do a lot of nightshift and even tonite i was watching tv here as if i was in the house , check out you tube , only buy the slingbox pro hd if you want to stream to apple and android products , if its only to a pc the older slingbox pro will do if you arent fussy for hd video it does sd , and the tuner has issues with dtv since freview upgraded but it will also tune analogue via coax it also can connect more devices , this one is the sb-200 , works good for mwhat it is but pc only streaming

• ive got a spare lying in my cupboard i can let you have at a steal , if you are realy keen to see what its like pm me and you can test mine out ill give you the login and ill put it into my vu solo 2 instead of the f5 so you will find your way about the onscreen remote easier

• ok so i have vlc on my box and on my pc i went through most settings but the 1 i came a cropper on was where i was supposed to put my ip into the hosts file on the vlc program files.
    http://linuxsat-support.com/en…-vlc-2-0-5-streaming.html

also i just put the ip addy of my box into my pc browser and the setup came up with the epg ect.... but when i tried to stream the vlc opened up but did not play !!
    http://linuxsat-support.com/vu…ive-tv-box-over-wifi.html

any help please ?? and thanks

niall_b73

( ͡° ʖ ͡°)

• if you have a video capture card on your pc you can link up that by cable from your box and stream over the internet using vlc , ive done that before streaming to the box is easier than trying to stream from the box by the look of it if you are not trying to stream hd youll get a usb capture card cheap on ebay youll need a rca component cable also make sure your box has the connectors ,make sure you forward port 8080 on your router

• Port and NAT parameters
    List of NAT rules
    Application Protocol Source port start Source port end Destination IP Destination port start Destination port end Delete Change
    > Add
    not sure if the above is where i should be in the router but if so what settings should i do for port forwarding ?

niall_b73

( ͡° ʖ ͡°)

VU+ SOLO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!