Dm800 Original Odd problem - now at a loss what to do

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 544 times. The last Post () by richard_t.

• Hi all,
    Wonder if anyone had a similar problem.

My dad had a power cut and then his dm800 (call it box A) would only open fta. Checked it and all appeared to be right in the setup. Reflash with new image and same problem. Tried new cams and same problem.

Took my dm800 original box round (Box B) plugged it in and all ok, left it for a week and all ok. Called round and decided to send his config across to my box (Box B, as it had my details in it), then mine would not clear non FTA. Put the old config in and still not clearing. Had tried restoring his bouquets, then even sending a new satellites.xml file across and rescanning.

Thought something may have affected the tuner, brought box back to mine, tried various images and no joy. Bought a new tuner, installed. Re-flashed with Merlin3, did a factory reset, new config, still only fta although showing in server as connected and on box, both C and N.

I am at a loss, am I missing something simple, or some hardware issue, really odd that both now have same problem.

Sorry for the rambling post, but trying to give you as much info as can.

Rich.

I should have gone for stamp collecting, it would have been cheaper....

• Thats a config issue without a doubt, unless your c line isn't working any more.

As stupid as it may sound, setup a new F line and corresponding C line for the other box and try again. Also check that the configuration of the router at the property and the network settings on the box.

Nano

• Thanks for your reply.
    Cannot see it being the router as its the same issue at two different addresses.
    I have checked the boxes network settings and all is fine, I can download files from the box, it is showing as connected to the server (both in cccam and separately to Oscam. It can see the shares, but it does not seem to ask for a 'Ecm' on a non FTA channel. I have a local and it does not ask for that either.
    I have tried an old working config and a new line created. Still the same issue. The dm800's still are able to processes the cccam and open up on a separate box. It is really bizarre. It was as if all was ok on box B until I sent a config file across. then it had same behaviour as box A, now even after reflash, new config, etc it does not clear. Almost as if the config somehow caused a damage to the box. I know that sounds odd.

Rich.

• Update,
    Tried using dcc and running cccam in foreground. Would not clear. BTW that was after running killall -9 on the process at first.
    Waited a few minutes and did the same process again. It then worked. So stopped the process and retried running in background, blank again. On about the third attempt at the above, it started again. Something is not right, but at least there is a work around for now.

Rich

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!