New Ubuntu Server Need Help

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 276 times. The last Post () by haffi83.

• Hello every one, i´m new to this and just setup my first linux server. I used ubuntu 12.04 lts server an followed this install process from thatfellow. I have a few questions about this all.
    http://linuxsat-support.com/li…3-install-package-10.html

1. I installed both oscam and cccam and was wondering if it is enough to just put f lines in the cccam.cfg
    2. If i have oscam do i have to add serial number of the box the card was opened to in the server so the server can read the card.
    3. do i have to get dns server for the c lines, i´m just going to use the server trough switch and connect 20 boxes to the switch. I´m setting this server onboard ship so i wont have it connected to the inter net. So cant the c lines just have the ipaddres port number and user passw.

If anyone can help me it would be amasing thank you.

P.S. sorry if my english writing is not good i´m from Iceland

• Official Post

Hello every one, i´m new to this and just setup my first linux server. I used ubuntu 12.04 lts server an followed this install process from thatfellow. I have a few questions about this all.
    1. I installed both oscam and cccam and was wondering if it is enough to just put f lines in the cccam.cfg
    Yes mate, the card is only read in oscam, Your sharing in this setup is all done via CCcam.

2. If i have oscam do i have to add serial number of the box the card was opened to in the server so the server can read the card.
    Depends which card you have buddy, the majority of nds cards boxkeys are read automatically.

3. do i have to get dns server for the c lines, i´m just going to use the server trough switch and connect 20 boxes to the switch. I´m setting this server onboard ship so i wont have it connected to the inter net. So cant the c lines just have the ipaddres port number and user passw.
    If your setup is internal sharing on lan only then no there is no need for dns address, the internal ip of the server will do fine.

If anyone can help me it would be amasing thank you.

P.S. sorry if my english writing is not good i´m from Iceland
    Your English is fine buddy but your first post should be here.

[h=2]Introductions[/h]

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!