hard drive wont initialize on HDMU image

There are 18 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 8,158 times. The last Post () by cga.

• i flashed my spark with the HDMU_10630_E2_spark7162_211_git_5282_nodebug_nolcd _ Diff0_gst_Flash but the hard drive wont initialize, it keeps giving err msg, i have try a few different ones and ever 2 different usn pens but still same err, do i need a plugin or is their any older versions that it works with and i cud initialize in that image then in stall the latests again, this image seems good, all the HD channels work, or is their a image that has HD and will allow to rec one channel while watch another
    dreamuser

• Ok i tryed that, i login as root and pw:HDMU and it gives me SPARK7162:# and i paste mkfs.ext3 -L RECORD /dev/sda1, but it gives error, no such device or address while trying to determine filesytem, have i to do something before i do the cmmand line

• Howto integrate initialize hard disk

Below is a guide from the HDMU forum: thanks: for this to santa:

First, the "Initialize Disk" function in the image does not work!

Since we have to take this directly from OpenPLi and as yet adapted to our circumstances.
    Most of all, since the criteria is different for all users.

But you can do this fairly quickly bring himself to telnet to work.

So just start a Telnet client, enter the IP of the box 'and enter:

Source

User: root
    Password: HDMU

A HDMU Image partition expects the RECORD and is a folder on the movie is available.
    Thereby necessarily >>> Ensure GROSS and lowercase!

Important: HDD with NTFS and FAT32 are not supported!

So if you have a HDD that is not formatted linux compliant, then you've got to do first.
    WARNING: DATA be like LOST!

With all the boxes on any other USB sticks, SD cards or other to boot Images
    have connected the box, so only flash image, should be the HDD with one partition sda1.

This you should first check with fdisk-l or blkid.

If there are further details with sda or sdb appear, please create a thread and ask there again after what precaution should reformat it.

Then you formatted with this partition:

Source

mkfs.ext3-L RECORD / dev/sda1

Then only the folder must be created, it goes like this:

Source

cd / autofs/sda1
    mkdir movie

Under certain circumstances it may happen that the cd command answered with an error, then
    Please reboot the box or press the red button and remount run.
    Then restart the box once again.

Then you can automatically recording, playback, etc. TIMESHIFT

As an additive, I may mention, if you do not already have a Linux partition but
    RECORD is or is not recognized as RECORD, then this can also be retrofitted
    new labels, so assign the new name:

Source

tune2fs-L RECORD / dev/sda1

No data will be deleted.

maybe it`s helpfull

Someday everything will all make perfect sence.
    So for now laugh at the confusion,smile through the tears and keep reminding yourself that everything happens for a reason.

• ok thanks i got the hard drive working, now one thing i cant seem to figure out, is how do u delete a recording after you watch it, normaly u press meny and goto del but that dnt work
    dreamuser

• is that the only way, my brother owns this box and doesnt have a computer, and he wouldnt have a clue, this image is working great to, i can rec a channel and watch a channel at same time, looks like its back to looking for a different image, i have this box sitting here for like 3 months and still having got it working like it should, if anyone has used a image that let Hd work and recs etc n can delete program after u view it, please let me no
    dreamuser

• When you have a record that you will delete.
    push the play button on the remote and tell me what you see.

So for now laugh at the confusion,smile through the tears and keep reminding yourself that everything happens for a reason.

• ok if im in ther folder that all the recorded movies are in, and i press play on any of them thats in the list, i get the red circle with a line through middle and a hand, i have pressed every button and get samething or nothing happens at all, if i press play when its playing, it just pause it

• wich version of HDMU is on the box.I have the latest HDMU 10630 for the 7162 box(alien2 ect)
    When i`m in the folder hdd then i see the recorded movies.
    When i select a movie than i can delete it with the red button.

• HDMU_10630_E2_spark7162_211_git_5282_nodebug, ok i forgot about the red button, i meant to say in post above, ok above my movie list it has in the red (favorites) when i press red, it comes up delete in red and beside that it has add folder in green and edit folder in yellow, if i press the red button to delete, i get green screen and box reboots, mayb i need to try an earlyer version or another reflash

• When you select a movie that you will delete push the red button it will/must delete the selected movie.
    I have to the HDMU 10630 on my alien2 and it is working.but maybe you must try reflash or try a older version.

• Is the drive working in Windows? That command should format it as ext3. Format it on Windows and try again

That doesn't work. My USB is formatted in windows

SPARK:~# mkfs.ext3 -L RECORD /dev/sda1
    mke2fs 1.42.9 (28-Dec-2013)
    mkfs.ext3: No such device or address while trying to determine filesystem size
    SPARK:~#

• I have set up my recording with HDMU latest image as below

1.Format USB with Spark
    2.Run these commands

mkdir /tmp/hdd
    umount /dev/sda1
    tune2fs /dev/sda1 -L RECORD
    mount /dev/sda1 /tmp/hdd
    mkdir /tmp/hdd/movie

Ignore the mount and unmount if it doesn't get mounted

3.Go back to the box and set the record path to /autofs/sda1/movie

All your recordings will be in the movie folder and you can access them by ftp using FileZilla

Spark STI 7162 Support

Support for Amiko Alien 2, Delta, Dynavision 7162, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 2, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 3, Golden Media Spark Triplex, Golden Media Spark One, Icecrypt S3700 CHD, SAB Unix Triple HD, Samsat Linux 2, Satcom 7162, Sogno Spark Triple, Startrack SRT 2020 HD Plus, Superbox Z500, Truman TOP-BOX, Truman TopBox 2 Tuner, Visionnet Falcon, Spark STI 7162 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!