iptables help?

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 588 times. The last Post () by EsRgood4u.

• Hope someone can help me out with this as its got me scratching my head!
    I took a free upgrade from Vermin!
    They sent me a Superhub!
    Ive set the superhub to modem mode as we all know the router part is Flakey to say the least in theSuperhub! Connected it to my trusty Netgear WGR614!
    Done all the port forwarding in the router!
    Installed Ubuntu 32 bit! Got oscam up and running with all my cofigs in place!
    Used Gufw to turn the linux firewall off as i prefer the routers hardware firewall!
    In Oscam webui im connected to my peers servers!
    In the user section of the webui No one is connected to me! Not even my local box's!
    External port checks states that the ports are open!
    Ive set the DNS updater in my router and its updating fine!
    The only thing i can think of is that Gufw and ufw are not working well with IP tables!
    Has anyone else had this problem before and also if they have how did they cure it?
    Im not exactly a Linux noob but im pulling my hair out with this one!
    Cheers!

• Can not see UFW (Uncomplicated FireWall) causing the problem, also sounds like your using a desktop version of ubuntu as you have Gufw.

sudo ufw disable

Just sounds like the port forwarding is not working. Try Open Port Check Tool

Can test if it is ufw by enabling it then allowing a port through.

sudo ufw allow 12000/tcp

Deffo can't see ufw causing the problems though.

• Thanks for the reply mate! I have just installed CCcam and i can connect fine to my server from STB! Only thing it can be now is my oscam cofigs! Ill download a new set and redo all my peers etc!
    No an ideal solution but in sure it will fix things!

• problem fixed!
    was going through each folder checking to see what the problem could be using ls i noticed i had chmoded 755 the /usr/local/etc folder and its contents!
    I deleted the folder! Re applied it! Copy and pasted all my configs into new documents! added them to /usr/local/etc
    rebooted and everything came to life!
    A word to the wise! PLEASE TAKE CARE WHEN AMENDING YOUR CONFIG FILES! Ive been on for days trying to fix this problem!
    Linux eh! Who'd have it!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!