Installing my usb to my Dreambox 800 HD

There are 11 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 7,291 times. The last Post () by rhurbarb.

• Hi,

Im having trouble installing/mounting my usb to my dreambox 800 hd. Tried mounting thorugh the blue panel but no success. After i put my usb stick in its says its mounted to /dva

I want to mount it in order to use crossepg and use the memory stick rather the flash memory on the box. When i go to select which one i want i only get the internal option?

Could someone please guide me please

Thank you

• Official Post

Try using telnet to mount it as your preferred option,
    [h=1]Finding/Mounting your USB Memory stick / Pendrive (using TELNET)[/h]

• What I did was format fat32 via PC then put it into the lower USB slot, restart the box, go to crossEPG menu and inside config you should now be able to press right for USB option then download. If noting appears force reload plugin and you should have it.

My only problem at the moment is after a few days it reverts to flash which is very annoying.

• okay. Will try that way. Tried initialising and everything but still had not success. Tempted to change the image to nemesis or blackhole but not sure where i can download them from for e-star sim.

• ive intilized a usb through a different image then reloaded my original image back in .or disconnect the hardrive -intilize the usb stick then replug my hardrive back in then add my hardrive as default drive and usb as usb drive....Guess your using your usb as a hardrive ?

• I've tried initialising it and ten restarting the box but it still won't let me select it as where I want ye crossepg to save. Just says internal flash memory ad won't let me select the USB. Yes I want to use the USB as a hard drive.

Thanks

• Ye I've got crossepg installed already! Thinking of changing my image to nemesis but my sim is an e-star sim! Could anyone guide me on what I need to do know before I change it

• Thats probably why you cant sort it....You have to get your usb mounted 1st and then reboot a few times to check the usb hasnt dismounted itself ,then you setup crossepg after but make sure your paths r right in crossepg config before you download the epg update Barry ...I had shit load of problems with crossepg i done the same as you ...
    Its not as if you can unistall crossepg and try reinstalling either..You will have to reinstall your image ...Rhurbarb

For the record im running meoboot with 6 or 7 images on usb and working well :)

• Oh right I see. I'm going to change my image to nemesis as it easier to set up a USB. What do I need to know before I install a new image with an e-star sim

Thanks

• Dont know anythiing about that sim card but my advice to you is go back on my earlier posts here and make sure you follow the procedures m8...crossepg messes up if you dont configure it after you mount n reboot storage devices ..hope it sorts itself out for you.welcome

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!