dreambox in freeze mode

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,793 times. The last Post () by predator.

• hi guys, i get the problem every now/again ,, some reason my dreambox 500s keeps freezing. green button on front of box, wont move, i always end up reflashing image to box.. its happened with diff images.. clone box.. any ideas

• Official Post

There is not alot of memory on a dm500, main causes i can think of.
    Too many plugins causing lack of free space, even when you uninstall ones you do not like some are not fully removed.
    If you are sharing the load from your server may be too much for the box to handle.
    Next time you reflash chosse a max/var image this will give you a little more precious space on your reciever. ( I recommend open pli m/v )
    Also reboot the box daily, this will clear all files stored in tmp.

• My old 500 used to be the same. I set it up to automatically reboot every night, but even then sometimes it'd just freeze.
    When it does so, just unplug and plug back in.

• How much ram have you got remaining on the dreambox ?
    How many peers do you have ?
    What is the limit on hops you receive from your peers ?

im connected to m8"s box. nothing else downloaded to box, so should be plenty ram. i say something if it was bad flash, but itsnot as far as i no.. dreamup i used to flash it

• My old 500 used to be the same. I set it up to automatically reboot every night, but even then sometimes it'd just freeze.
    When it does so, just unplug and plug back in.

unplugin it sorted it out b4, but not this time,, reflashing down. gemini 4.70 this time....

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!