EPG update issue

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 952 times. The last Post () by musogeek.

• Hi,

Not a serious issue, just annoying, but every time I want my downloaded EPG data to update my 7 day EPG list I have to restart my box, which is a VU Duo by the way. I never used to have this issue, but I can't seem to resolve it. I have my EPG set up to update at 4am every morning and save the date to the hard drive. Does anyone know where the issue may lie?

Thanks

I forgot to mention that I'm running blackhole 1.7.8

• Where is the epg set to be saved to in crossepg configure ?
    Make sure it is set to your harddisk.
    Failing that make sure your harddisk is correctly mounted by pressing two short presses on blue button, devices manager and make sure it's mounted.

• Hi,

The epg is set to be saved to the harddrive, it did default back to the internal flash at one point, but I set it back.

I double checked last night and the hardrive is properly mounted, I'm able to FTP to it. I'm thinking it may be worth doing a new install.

• Well there is a new image available but take note that personal backups won't work if upgrading to the newest image 2.0.1 or 2.0.0 so remember to take note of your setup details.

• i had a bit of the same problem saving epg and picons to the hdd so i got a usb stick formated it on my pc in fat32 then put it in duo and did the usal stuff and all good now,when saveing to the hdd you have to wait for it to come out of sleep mode or what ever its called and also duo runs alot quiter to.

woz

• try to save the picon into hard drive and download epg to usb and it should work i hope.

This should really be the other way round if anything - Picons are not stored in memory, so if installed to the HDD it will cause the HDD to be awake more than needed. Best place for picons is USB stick (although I use internal flash this isn't always recommended as so to preserve the flash) EPG data is stored in memory so should be OK saving to HDD, as this will be read on boot and kept in RAM.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!