ecm's high on CCcam 2.2.1 after switching broadband

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,790 times. The last Post () by rikjaard-real.

• hey guys,

when i got home from work last night, the wife told me that virgin had been and connected up my router,
    so i put my server back online and made a couple of calls to my friends to tell them to plug there boxs in, after forwarding the ports on the superhub i powered up the server and everything appears to be fine. but when i look at the webif for CCcam 2.2.1 the average ecm time is 0.800.s and have seen them go over 1.000 however in oscam my ecm's appear to be normal 90-120ms

when i was using sly broadband CCcam ecm times averaged at 0.090.s :/

could this be down to the superhub?

i am using unbuntu/CCcam with omnikey and 0963 wired to superhub (same as before but without sly bb)

any advice would be gratefully recieved.

also did a sppedtest. broadband speed/upload seems to be consistant >

http://speedtest.net/result/2521240532.png

• hi mate the superhub is crap and unstable i have one i cancled all router functions on it and just running it as modem mode only and got my own router and never have any more problems like it just stops portforwarding , loging wireless divices off and it runs very laggy and they changed it 4 times all the same there is loads over net about these hubs.

woz

• Thanks for the reply, might be worth me investing in a wireless router and using the hub as modem only as you say. Nothing to lose, don't think my ecm's can get any worse lol.

Does the hub run ok when in modem mode only?

• ye mate runs like a dream had no problems with it at all since i did it i hade to do my dads to his kept rebooting its self and loging off and he as had no problems since i put his in to modem mode.

woz

• I use mine with a D link DIR-615 and its faultless. The wireless is lot better signal around the house and i never have any issues with it. I gave up trying to get the Super hub to work correctly after just a few hours.

It just doesn't do what you ask it to do. Put it in Modem only mode and connect another router upto it. I myself wouldn't recommend getting a Belkin router either. Belkin routers have given me endless problems in the past with slow speeds and dropping wireless connection all the time.

I've always had D-Link and Linksys Cisco routers and i have never had any issues at all with any of them.

Nano

• thanks for your input, i have been looking at Linksys routers this morning and reckon thats the brand i am gonna go for, cant fault the speed i am getting, but think its a bit much for the hub to handle the speed and route requests maybe? will keep you guys posted on the outcome,.

thanks again for you help/opinions guys.

• i have got a linksy cisco router connected to superhub in modem mode and as been bang on i have a d-link which i got VM but did my head in for wireless keep dropping out and im not a lover of netgear . good luck mate your in the right place for help and support.:firework:

woz

• Quick update guys. After using the hub on its own for 2 days the ports would seem to close (whenever I would use my pc tower or even Xbox) so brought a Belkin d300 router. After setting up the connection was more stable (didn't randomly cut off) but cccam ECM time were still pretty high.
    So I then downgraded from cccam to 2.2.1 to 2.1.3 and everything seems to have settled down.

• another thing that u need to mke sure is ok with cable modems, is that the signal levels are not to high or to low or this will cause high ecm times, some times the engineer doesnt set the voltage levels proper and this causes big problems, u can check the levels in the modem menu, or if u no someone with same modem, check and see if their levels are same as urs or look online to see wat they meant to be
    dreamuser

• i have never had any problems with the super hub ! Port forwarded the settings the day i got it and never touched it since !
    Draytek routers are good standalone kit to use if you did want to explore another avenue but you already got a Belkin -
    Dreamuser talks sense ! If the virmin engineer has your cable in the Wrong tap at the cabinet your virmin BB experience is going to be compromised.
    In high demand areas the cabinets are often full and engineers just connect to whatever tap is available regardless of its power output Resulting in poor quality service -

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

CCcam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for CCcam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!