STV HD - missing EPG info

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,676 times. The last Post () by thebesh.

• Hi Guys

I live in Scotland and I seem to be able to get all EPG data for channels except STV HD - I can get info for STV SD, but I prefer to use the HD channels where possible.
    Any idea why this isn't working and is there a solution to remedy this?

Thanks a lot

• Official Post

Hi Guys

I live in Scotland and I seem to be able to get all EPG data for channels except STV HD - I can get info for STV SD, but I prefer to use the HD channels where possible.
    Any idea why this isn't working and is there a solution to remedy this?

Thanks a lot

I think the reason is because STV HD is still not included in the sly/freesat epg so no epg signal is sent. Just put the channel next to STV SD in your bouquet so you always know whats coming on.

• Thanks TenBelow

The weird thing is that when I had my dreambox connected to LNB it would somehow pull the data through when I went onto the channel - not just for now and next, but the next 7 days, but since I switched over to VU+ Solo2 I've had this problem.

If I'm honest I think I'll stick ITV HD in there - it's not like there's anything on STV HD that's not on ITV HD that's worth watching

• Official Post

Thanks TenBelow

The weird thing is that when I had my dreambox connected to LNB it would somehow pull the data through when I went onto the channel - not just for now and next, but the next 7 days, but since I switched over to VU+ Solo2 I've had this problem.

If I'm honest I think I'll stick ITV HD in there - it's not like there's anything on STV HD that's not on ITV HD that's worth watching

I only use the opentv for 28.2e as it doesnt really bother me or do i watch much tv lol. You could try different epg providers like rytec & maybe it will work, im just guessing thats the reason it doesnt show mate.

• STV Hd will show different programs from ITV Hd on quite a few occasions you need to keep checking if the Sd channel is different from ITV Sd the Hd should be to

• The reason there is no epg on stv hd is because nobody is supposed to receive it! Sly changed the symbol rate months ago outwith the reach of official stbs probably due to stv not receiving moneys...well thats usually the case anyway.However we can all receive the out of range symbol rate on our fancy open source e2 receivers:)

You also might notice the channel comes up with 3855 instead of STV HD so its more or less a test station at the minute thus the reason for no epg!!!

MK

• hi m8 i had the same problem in glasgow heres what i did in crossepg, update xepgdb providers and rytec providers ,go to xepgdb providers ,scroll to rytec uk xmltv (expgdb repacked), press ok to put a tick then the yellow btn download

• Cheers Chic

It works well, but the display of Rytec info is information overload - so I've swiched back to OpenTV
    This has worked well as it seems to have kept the info for STV + it seems to have fixed the problem of my "now and next" info disappearing when I switch onto a channel

Thanks mate

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!