Anybody want Raspberry Pi Oscam server?

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,084 times. The last Post () by thedrewishuk.

• I originally setup a Oscam server on a computer with help through this forum to share the card around the family to around 20 boxes or so. After a month or so having the computer on 24/7 it was costing more than i liked to pay for electric so i looked for a cheaper alternative, i found the Raspberry Pi, I bought 2 of the Type B model with 512Mb ram and configured them using Debian Wheezy and setup for Oscam 1.20 build 7944. I have had both switched on 24/7 since November last year 1 hosting the card, the other just waiting for the card to be swapped over just in case the main unit failed but i have not had any issues. Both units have the Omnikey 3121 usb card reader.

The main unit has had 18 users online and with football match days, ive seen 15 users online viewing the same channel without issues. The units have been setup to auto reboot everyday at 5am and have done so each day without fail.

Each unit has a Sandisk 4gb sd memory card with Debian and Oscam on.

The power consumption has been around 2 - 3 watts per unit per hour which is about a 1/4 of an energy saving light bulb compared to 200 watts from a compact computer

Both Raspberry Pi units are housed in a Black case made for the board. Both also come with a 1000ma power supply adapter.

Im offering these to any user who wishes to buy one instead of putting their own together and im open to offers.

Reason for sale is i was financing the card myself but it has been taking its toll after i lost my job (Thanks Mc D's) and the rest of the family agreed to share the cost between them and quite frankly it was like trying to squeeze a steak from a lions mouth. So having being taken for a ride by my own, i don't feel its right for me to continue with them.

If anyone is interested, please do ask questions or send me a pm, i hope this is fine to post this here and if any mod would like a share until the card expires id be happy to accommodate you.

• Ok, Im overwhelmed by the responses , Thanks! However i have not been able to reply to any of you just yet as i dont have 10 posts, so Im going to make 2 now!

• The first message i read was asking me to post a price, I dont have one in mind, the device and all bits i bought for each one set me back about £50 each plus the time to setup each one with debian and such, but im open to reasonable offers.

• name your price m8 make it easier than guessing an offer

Im looking at recovering what i can for what i spent so offers around the £50 mark will interest me, if i get a few replies the top 2 offers i will sell to, lets say i'll give it a few hours and not drag it on

• master G

Added the Label Closed & Expired Trading

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!