OnDemand plugin devixified and working on all images Support

There are 245 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 38,960 times. The last Post () by cazuela.

• Official Post

No need to ftp or download any files just open a telnet session & paste in these commands.

Code
    opkg update

Code
    opkg install enigma2-plugin-extensions-ondemand
  • No need to ftp or download any files just open a telnet session & paste in these commands.

Code
    opkg update

Code
    opkg install enigma2-plugin-extensions-ondemand

Thanks for your reply. I have done that a couple of times but the plugin doesn't appear in the list of plugins.

The only way I can get on demand is by using a really old ipk file called

enigma2-plugin-extensions-ondemand-oe2.0_beta1_all.ipk

when installing this ipk file on demand appears in my list of plugins but doesn't have 4OD

very strange. If you know how I can add 4OD to this version I would be grateful, I know I need to add a couple of files through ftp

• Official Post

You need to reboot then it will show, it does work i used this method to install it to the same image just this morning.
    [h=3]Black Hole 2.0.3 Hyperspace VU+Solo Backup By Ten Below[/h]

• ten below, I really appreciate your advice and you taking the time to help. I have used the telnet commands about 4 times now and no joy. I used telnet to instal ondemand on BH2.0.2 and had no probs at all. I have no idea whats going wrong but the plugin simply does not appear.

As stated the only way it does appear is by using the old ipk file but i need to add some files (one is called simplejson? and then the 4od file I think).

Thanks for the backup image link I will use this as a last resort as I have my image configured exactly as I like (except ondemand lol)

I'm not sure if this is relevant, but I altered the opkg.config file adding the line "arch mipsel 100" so I could instal rats channel and picon updater plugins

cheers

• Official Post

After a reboot entering the plugin menu via menu>plugins ( not green button method ) will show you the reason that any plugin is not available, when you install via the telnet method is it completing successfully?

• After a reboot entering the plugin menu via menu>plugins ( not green button method ) will show you the reason that any plugin is not available, when you install via the telnet method is it completing successfully?

the plugin doesn't show by either way via menu or green button mate. Would altering the opkg.config file be a possible cause?

The telnet method seems to go through the correct procedure with no errors being highlighted but the plugin doesn't appear

• Official Post

Would altering the opkg.config file be a possible cause?

Depends what you changed in it.... here is the version i installed via telnet this morning, extract then send the complete folder to usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/extensions then restart e2. If there are dependencies missing the menu>plugins should tell you which ones are missing & we will take it from there.

• Hi Ten Below, I followed your instructions - went to menu - plugins and got the error message

"some plugins are not available:
    Extensions/OnDemand (No module named decimal)"

Any idea what this is about lol

cheers

• Official Post

Yes that one is related to python-simplejson, you will find along with all the other dependencies at post #67 HERE

• thanks, I have installed python-simplejson ipk then went to plugins ondemand is there but when I selected it I got a green screen crash, so I reinstalled the file you supplied in #87 into usr lib etc rebooted but keep getting the green screens???

Should I install something else? or use telnet?

Cheers

• Official Post

thanks, I have installed python-simplejson ipk then went to plugins ondemand is there but when I selected it I got a green screen crash, so I reinstalled the file you supplied in #87 into usr lib etc rebooted but keep getting the green screens???

Should I install something else? or use telnet?

Cheers

Just noticed something, try deleting the ondemand folder & sending this one in its place.:beat_brick:

• Hi all , I have been following the thread and would like to install the ondemand plugin . I have a clone dm800 hd with a sim 201 and bl 84b with an openpli-2.1-beta-dm800-20130216 image . Can I install with this image or is there an image better suited for my dm800 ? . Any input would be appreciated !! Cheers

• Official Post

Hi all , I have been following the thread and would like to install the ondemand plugin . I have a clone dm800 hd with a sim 201 and bl 84b with an openpli-2.1-beta-dm800-20130216 image . Can I install with this image or is there an image better suited for my dm800 ? . Any input would be appreciated !! Cheers

OnDemand should be available in the Openpli feeds buddy, i know that it is for PLI 3.0 so hopefully its on 2.1 as well. If not you will need to source the dependencies for oe1.6 to get it working or upgrade the image.

• Just noticed something, try deleting the ondemand folder & sending this one in its place.:beat_brick:

mate, you're a star. The new file in #91 worked perfectly. I really appreciate your help and patience in helping me sort this out, if I didn't use this plugin a lot I would have given up ages ago lol. I will back this file up so hopefully in the future I won't have a problem.

Once again big thanks

• Official Post

mate, you're a star. The new file in #91 worked perfectly. I really appreciate your help and patience in helping me sort this out, if I didn't use this plugin a lot I would have given up ages ago lol. I will back this file up so hopefully in the future I won't have a problem.

Once again big thanks

Well its partly my fault it took a little longer than expected buddy, i have that much crap on my desktop i rarred & uploaded the wrong folder for you first time round so im off to clean the bugger up now:snicker:

Glad to hear its ok now, got there in the end lol.

• Well its partly my fault it took a little longer than expected buddy, i have that much crap on my desktop i rarred & uploaded the wrong folder for you first time round so im off to clean the bugger up now:snicker:

Glad to hear its ok now, got there in the end lol.

No probs mate, I wouldn't have had a clue what needed doing without you and I was doubting my sanity. You've saved the cat from being kicked round the room lol

• OnDemand should be available in the Openpli feeds buddy, i know that it is for PLI 3.0 so hopefully its on 2.1 as well. If not you will need to source the dependencies for oe1.6 to get it working or upgrade the image.

Ten Below thanks for reply !! I couldn't find the plugin via pli feeds but i did get it ! :http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=242801&d=1361904182 . Have I to telnet this file with a command ( not sure how to do this could I have a little tut on it !? ) or can I install it : dcc / tools / ipkg packages , sorry for basic questions !!

• Official Post

Ten Below thanks for reply !! I couldn't find the plugin via pli feeds but i did get it ! :http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=242801&d=1361904182 . Have I to telnet this file with a command ( not sure how to do this could I have a little tut on it !? ) or can I install it : dcc / tools / ipkg packages , sorry for basic questions !!

Its an ipk so just send it to /tmp and install via pli software manager, its an early version & i think the same one i posted here but soon removed because there was a problem with some of the dependencies so if it complains of anything missing let us know buddy.

• Its an ipk so just send it to /tmp and install via pli software manager, its an early version & i think the same one i posted here but soon removed because there was a problem with some of the dependencies so if it complains of anything missing let us know buddy.

Ok , after replacing some files I have the ondemand plugin working !! . I have 3 player , bbc iplayer , itv player and rte player ,
    3 player is fine ; bbc iplayer : I select a catagory then programme then a choice of 400 , 480, 800 or 1500 limelight then black screen :(
    I select itv player then programme then 400,600,800 or 1200 quality then black screen :(
    I select rte player then programme and again black screen !!

thanks for your help so far Ten Below , would you have any advice on fixing this !?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!