How to recognize which uboot is installed on your nBox 5800s & how to change it.

There are 22 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 12,292 times. The last Post () by bluepassat.

• How to recognize which uboot is installed on your nBox 5800s & how to change it.

The original document that this was written from was originally authored by Euro Trans and all credit should be given to him.

Read all of this document before proceeding.

The nBox 5800S uses 2 different uboots to start the software.

1 :- Freebox - first message displayed on the front panel is BOOT

2 :- Bt4 - first message displayed on the front panel is nBox

Freebox is only to be used for running Enigma 7.1.7 and previous versions and Open Pli

Bt4 is only to be used for running PKT Nebula Zero and PKT Nebula V3 and previous versions of this firmware.

DO NOT use Freebox for Nebula.

To update your current Freebox uboot to Duo Multi uboot firstly you need to disconnect your nBox from the power supply or switch off at mains supply.

Proceed to format a good quality USB penstick to FAT32 and copy the three files inside the RAR archive to the freshly formatted USB penstick.

Insert the USB penstick in to the nBox USB socket.

Press power button on the receiver and hold it down whilst connecting the power socket to the nBox.

You should then see BOOT on the display which should then change to PROG. Wait until you see OK on the display.

Once this is done you can then disconnect the power supply.

Reconnect the power supply. When you see BOOT on the display press the up or down key on the front of the receiver.

You can then select which uboot software is loaded.

So duoboot will start like Freebox when BOOT is displayed.

To change to B4T uboot use arrow up and go to b4u than press OK and it will change from Freebox to B4T.

If you want to change back to Freebox from B4T when you see BOOT on the display press the up or down key on the front of the receiver. When you see F-b press OK and when BOOT is displayed press arrow up or down. Go to Nand and Enigma will start.

To update your current B4T uboot to Duo Multi uboot you need to disconnect your nBox from the power supply or switch off at mains supply.

Format a good quality USB penstick to FAT32 and ten copy the three files inside the RAR archive to the freshly formatted USB penstick.

Insert the penstick into the nBox USB port.

Connect the power supply power supply and when the NBOX is displayed press arrow up on the front of the receiver and go to UPDATE and then press OK.

Wait until screen show OK and then disconnect power supply.

Re-connect the Power supply and then Press arrow up or down and go to NAND and Nebula should start.

Finally.

You no longer need to update the boot loader to change images.

From Freebox you can go to b4u by using arrows and press OK.

From B4T we go to F-b press OK than arrow up or down to change from where software will be started.

This is extremely important!!

Only ever use B4T for Nebula

Only ever use Freebox for Enigma or Open Pli.

Never attempt to load Enigma or Open Pli with B4T uboot.

Never attempt to load Nebula Zero or PKT Nebula v3 with Freebox uboot.

Thanks is to be given to Euro Trans who is the original editor of the document that this document was produced from.

• I have the same problem when i booting it says test on the front panel. I have a nbox 5800s. What can i do? I've already tried everything.

• I have the same problem when i booting it says test on the front panel. I have a nbox 5800s. What can i do? I've already tried everything.

please post an intro before continuing - as per rules
    Introductions
    These receivers have to be modified to run Enigma2 - did you buy them modified? The better suppliers would modify them and install multiboot.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• no I have the box directly from poland without enigma 2

Converting the box yourself is not for the faint hearted or non polish speakers. It is very complex to get Linux initially set up. I would advise looking on the bay and using the services of a chap on there that will install Enigma for you for £30, then once thats done you will then be able to add whatever software you want.

Quite a few people think that by getting them direct from Poland for £55 they are saving money, but dont realise that they will come standard with no modifications done. By the time you have had it converted your costs are back into the £100 region which is what you can buy them ready done for :-)

• hello,
    thank you for your post.
    i have a its 5800 and no wire on the back site of the mainboard.
    please can you circa describe where i can found those pins?
    on the other site of the mainboard i have a connector called "debug". to you mean, i also can use this?
    thank you
    regards
    portas525

also had done the same thing on the good old DBOX!

• If there is no wire on the back of the mainboard then it has not been converted to Enigma at all. Like i said, you will need to read polish, i dont think anyone on here as an english speaker knows how to carry out the full conversion from the start. No one has made an english tutorial, because of the level of work involved then most people prefer to pay for a pre converted box or pay £30 to have it done which is not a lot of money really.

So to summarise, you will need to speak polish, you will need the correct Jtag cable, the correct software, and i believe it takes about 2 hours to convert fully.

• thank you for your answer.
    i´ve tryed to translate the manual into the german, but with goolge translater....
    i know the jtag cable, but it seems to be very complex to debug this box.
    you know someone in germany how can convert the box?

thank you and regard
    portas525

• hello one´s more:
    so i have fixed my first problem. no i´m an owner of a nbox 5800s with enigma2 on it.
    now i want to install multiboot, but the box only say "fail".
    i have tryed about 5 usb sticks, always the same message..
    is there a special usb-stick needed for the nbox?
    thank you
    regard
    portas

• Pretty much any USB stick should work - format it to FAT32 - go over the tutorial again step by step. Didn't have to do this myself as mine came with multiboot already...

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Where did you get the box from Portas. The likelihood is that it already has duoboot installed on it.

When you power on the box hold the up or down key in and see if it scrolls through settings like b4t, usb1, usb2 or something like that. let us know.

Nano

• hello again and sorry for my delay,..
    nano: i have done what you said and found "duoboot" on my box..
    when i press the up key the box says usba, usbb, hdd1...3, nano, pfln, and nfs...
    so thank you for this information.
    when i will install a new image, i first have to set the bootorder to usb (when my image is on the usb stick?)
    is it right, that after i choose the bootorder the box ask me what bootloader i will use?
    i would like to install the nebulla image, for that i have to choose the b4t bootloader, is this right?
    thank you
    regrads
    portas525

• You have to install the firmware on flash first. Nebula uses the bt4 loader.

I think you then have to use image manager in the blue panel or something like that to make an imag ethat can be ran off the usb.

This isn't a box i really use now if i'm totally honest as it just resides in the kids room so i really don't ever mess with it now so everything is just from memory.

Nano

• hello,
    the problem is, that i´m not able to install a new image into the flash. it always says "fail".
    have you also the possibility to change the bootsequence?
    if so, which one do you use for booting from the usb stick?

thank you once more for the imformations...
    regards
    portas525

• I have a box preflashed with openpli in nand (openpli_adb5800_v86_29062014_nand) just arrived.
    if i play around with settings, oscam etc and decide i want to install a fresh flash of openpli in nand, how do i do this?

Thanks

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!