VU+ SOLO2 Picture Quality

There are 27 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 7,556 times. The last Post () by Baikonur.

• Hi friends
    I received my Solo2 seven days ago.
    After update with the newest BH image and making the adjusting settings I am not satisfied with picture quality in SD channels. I compare with my old Topfield TF5500PVR and the pictures on Top is more sharp and nice colors. With the Top by Scart and Solo2 by Scart or HDMI.

Some help about this? Any of you have had same problems?
    I was hoping to have a nice box but now I'm a little disappointed. I must resolve this question in few days for stay with it or get back.

PS the picture quality in my LG-47LM760S by its tuner is also better. Is equal to Top.

• Hmm strange
    i have two of these boxes and the picture quality is perfect.
    both boxes have the latest blackhole image.
    i am not disappointed at all with these boxes.

Someday everything will all make perfect sence.
    So for now laugh at the confusion,smile through the tears and keep reminding yourself that everything happens for a reason.

• I was lookng at one of these myself, have you tried it with the vix image ?.

No, I'm using the new BH. But I think the images don't make any changes in PQ.

Meanwhile I update to the latest driver and the PQ was enhanced. But still a little difference to other tuners. Does it means future drivers will do this box great?

• got a solo2 here with Vix Image on it, and i,m well pleased with it..picture qaulity is excellent, as is the box itself..using it with a LG tele,,cheers satcat

• I have no problems with picture quality at all. In fact, I find it to be better than my vu+ duo on sd and hd channels. Not that I watch much sd anymore.

• I have no problems with picture quality at all. In fact, I find it to be better than my vu+ duo on sd and hd channels. Not that I watch much sd anymore.

Yep I have to agree, picture quality is top notch on the solo2, no problems or complaints at all here.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Hi,
    I have also bought Solo2 after my DM800HD died.
    Unfortunately, Solo2 is a big dissapointment for me.Picture quality is very poor,somehow blurry,colours not vivid,bluish Talking about HD channels.
    I have tried BH,VTI and VXI but it doesn't make any difference. While I was enjoying in crystal clear and sharp picture + vivid colours with my DM800HD, now I am sad everytime I turn Solo2 on. I sometimes get an impression that it does not reproduce full HD at all.
    I don't know if this is a common problem or is it just me bought faulty VU+..
    Any advice would be greatly apreciated :)

• Hi,
    I have also bought Solo2 after my DM800HD died.
    Unfortunately, Solo2 is a big dissapointment for me.Picture quality is very poor,somehow blurry,colours not vivid,bluish Talking about HD channels.
    I have tried BH,VTI and VXI but it doesn't make any difference. While I was enjoying in crystal clear and sharp picture + vivid colours with my DM800HD, now I am sad everytime I turn Solo2 on. I sometimes get an impression that it does not reproduce full HD at all.
    I don't know if this is a common problem or is it just me bought faulty VU+..
    Any advice would be greatly apreciated :)

Best check all your settings and restore your tv picture settings to the default ,Solo 2 picture Quality is good I think the complaints you see here must have been resolved or they will have continued questioning , you will find in a lot of cases the user has adjusted the tv to get the best picture for the previous box and wonders why the new one has poor picture quality and colors ,I run the vix image and have installed setting only with the wizard and the picture is perfect never used video enhancements , sometimes you can be on an hd channel but the source being broadcast isnt true hd only upscaled by the provider

Steve

Please follow the rules and post your introduction as this should be your first thing to do if you have read the rules :taxman:

• have to agree with stevejo , some people just expect the picture quality to be perfect straight out the box for every tele all round the world, despite people customising the tele first with different formats/refresh rates...etc..for older box,s /xboxs/Playstations etc................come on peeps , make some effort !!!cheers satcat

Don't worry it is equally bad here. Solo2 has disappointed us all. The picture quality is not worth-watching on both SD and HD channels.

Please Don't include me it that "us" m8, I think the picture quality is amazing from the Solo2, SD & HD.
    I have tested on ViX & BH and both were IMO perfect & sharp.

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• Thanks for replies,guys.
    I have been playing with settings,both TV and Solo2 for hours but still,I did not manage to set up the picture that would be near the sharp and crisp as it was on DM800HD..
    :(

• Are you sure the settings are not in your TV?
    Try to turn off overscan etc and just set picture to original size on your HDTV

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• Since moving to Linux, VU+ Solo2, the picture on my old Panasonic 42" is a great improvement over terrestial images. Must agree with several other members about the pictures I receive. Have you, cpistola set your HDMI to 1080p ? Just a thought.

1.2 CM motorised, Inverto Black Pro lnb, V box, VU+ Solo2 42" Panasonic + 5.1 S.S.

VU+ SOLO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!