A standard *** uk guy looking at a new set up

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,105 times. The last Post () by nano.

• Hi Peeps,

I really am a virgin to all this technical stuff, I'm a spark by trade and can put my hand to most things, so i fancied the opertunity of being primarily to watch foreign football on tv.

It has taken me months to persuade the misses that we can have the same as *** offer for a pinch in all fairness. her only draw back was the ability to record programmes.

This is why im on the VU+ SOLO2 forum as this was suggested to me.

I am open to all suggestions, litterally for any piece of equipment, dish, lnb, motor, reciever, sites etc etc litterally everything.

As I have said previous I am a virgin and look with open arms for your help, suggestions and guidance.

Please any help is appreciated.

Daley

• Do you have the Vu+Solo2 yet ? What is your budget for equipment ? Are you going to install the motorized dish yourself ? Which card were you interested in for watching foreign football ?

I dont want to spend a fortune, so budget at say £600ish, I was hoping to open whichever reciever up to cardshare internal not external, i will do all the works myself including motorised dish. I will need my hand holding though ;-)

• Hi, the budget is good , vusolo2 , dish ,doble lnb , motor, cable you got have money left but you cant fixe motor alone you need un ingenier satelite installer . I am isntaller satelite , but i am in spain . I am shure in the forum you can find one . Good look.

Ps if you dont want recording so just go for vu solo single .

• with a smartphone/iphone or ipad/tab you can easily setup your motor if you are up a ladder or on roof away from stb...
    it can take a "noob" up to 2/3 hours to tweak a motor + dish to max signal..
    but just think of the benefits of learning/doing it never mind the fun of it all !!!
    this is supposing it is being mounted on a private residence of 2 or 3 floors...
    As for the how to.. htere are some threads regarding this on the site ,,there are also some good youtube tuts of how to..
    go for duo or solo2 and make the missus happy as we all know that THAT is priceless ;)
    we are here to help and wish you good luck in your venture!!
    look at the "setup" section as an eye opener
    and hardware section..

It has taken me months to persuade the misses that we can have the same as *** offer for a pinch in all fairness. her only draw back was the ability to record programmes.

What do you mean by this? Even if you use a Vu+ you still have to either continue to use your *** card or get another subscriber card that will allow you to watch the channels you wish to view.

Nano

VU+ SOLO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!