Scanning but not getting all services on 28.2E?

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,634 times. The last Post () by mckee25.

• Im running a scan on my solo 2, got 2 feeds from a *** dish that used to run my *** + multi room box and STILL does run our lounge *** HD box. When I perform a scan on the solo 2 Im only picking up 218 services from 28.2E, any clues why Imnot getting the lot? Tried replacing the satellites.xml file, uploading the latest catseyes services file, nothing, at least two thirds are not being picked up. Anyone any clues?

• Depending on what image you are using there are now other and easier means to get your list and to keep it up to date. Built in on certain images such as ViX there is AutoBouquetsMaker if you do Menu -Setup - Service Searching - AutoBouquetsMaker.

If this isn't included in your image you can get a plugin called AutoBouquets E2 28.2E

http://linuxsat-support.com/en…uquets-e2-28-2e-beta.html

If these don't work, and if you have got an uptodate xml file (which you should already have if you have downloaded the settings you said) then it could indicate another issue. I had a problem once where was only receiving on one polarity.

In your tuner settings (Menu -Setup - Service Searching - Tuner Configuration) it would usually be set as this for a fixed dish

Configuration mode - simple
    Mode - Single
    Satellite - 28 east
    Send DiSEqC - no

if you have it like this and it isn't working - then try changing Send DiSEqc to yes

This is how I had to set it when I had that problem and it seemed to cure it.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Well I got all the channels to list after a scan now, used tuner B rather than A (before I had just swapped cables incase either of them were faulty. Never thought of trying the tuner! lol But strange thing is now I have every service listed, but still only some clear and others dont (dunno if Im allowed to talk about how I decrypt my channels?)

• Well it does so I wont mention it lol but can I suggest if some premium channels are open and others aren't, that I could have a faulty tuner A? Scanning with A gives me 218 services, scanning tuner B gets me over 950 services, all are listed in my channel list but if I select some then theres a black screen. In saying that, surely tuner B should open any channel I request, a faulty tuner A would only mean I couldnt record 1 channel and view another, yeah?

Stevie

• GOT IT I changed tuner A to advanced rather than simple and diseqc to 1.2, strange as its a fixed dish but anyhow, all my channels are ON!!!! Woohoo!

VU+ SOLO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!