best image for solo 2 oe1.6 or oe 2

There are 25 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,179 times. The last Post () by suites.

• hi just sold my vu+duo and bought a solo 2

should get it Thursday from sponsors i just wondering what best image is for the them

i was going to go for openvix 3 which i had on duo but bh 2.0.1 looks good

also whats the difference between oe 1.6 and oe 2

want best image with latest drivers and so on will only be using uk sat 28.2

was looking at a back up any help or support appreciated

thanks

• I use vix, others prefer blackhole. Image is very much a personal choice so I suggest you try them both.
    Not a great deal of difference to be honest, I just prefer the epg and layout of vix.
    Give them both a try.

• I tried Blackhole out again last night and was fairly impressed.
    I still prefer the layout of vix, but could get used to blackhole. Think I'll give it a week or so before making up my mind.
    One thing I do like about blackhole is that most of the plugins/addons I use are avaliable from their feeds.
    Vix seem a bit more selective about what they make available from feeds.

• Official Post

are right lads i have box with this image
    http://linuxsat-support.com/vu…-574-uk-ready-backup.html
    what plugins can i use i need tspanel and ice films
    is this image oe1.6 or oe 2
    just so i no what plugins and so on i need
    thanks

This image is OE2, if you are trying to install any plugin manually you need the mips32el.ipk version, e.g tspanel_6.7_mips32el-nf.ipk

Most plugins can be downloaded from the image feeds ( Menu >> Plugins >> Green button/Download plugins )..

A quick look in these forums will let you know which plugins are popular, enigma2-plugins, enigma2-plugin-support..

• hi all this is al set up with openvix

but now i have lost the hdd its only storing to internal flash

and i carnt change it mount it or inilise it

cheers

• I had that problem with blackhole before, but not with vix.
    Have you got a backup you can flash?
    I always make backups everytime I change something like installing plugins, etc.
    Can you not even change the mount path?

• still have a problem with hdd i have now updated to build 627
    but i swtched the box of went out come back and had no epg or picons agsin
    and could not do anything with hdd
    so reflashed the backup on which then the hdd is there then used all my backup settings from hdd
    then hour later hdd gone again had this same problem on the duo also

• i had 574 then 600 then 627 which i done from image
    i have had this same problem from the first image i put on
    from the backup solo2 section

• ok one option you have to fix this is to flash on Vix 627 from sctratch,a clean install. If you do this your hdd will auto-mount and then you can use your settings backup.

You can find Vix version 627 for your solo 2 here: Openvix

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• my backup of settings does that also have my plugins on it

the hdd is working now but if i switch of i loose hdd and need to reflash with backup

• If you do a settings backup and flash the new Image, plugins can also be reinstalled.
    Obviously make sure you make a settings backup and i always do a full image backup as well. Just in case.

• well i reflashed my back up and updated again via box from 600 to 627
    then reflashed my setting i have left it at that its all seems ok so far hdd is fine
    the only thng different is i have not put itv player on or downloaded any picons from ts panel
    so i will leave it to see how it goes with out addng anything to the image

• I have read that tspanel does not agree with Vix, causes issues and instability. Picons, ondemand player, etc can all be downloaded from the vix feeds.
    Ondemand is available to download from latest build. Think it's 629

VU+ SOLO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!