any dreambox

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,298 times. The last Post () by scottyg789.

• Sorry to hear you got ripped off mate, its never good for a forum or the buyer when that happens.

I would try ebay mate. I would also recommend avoiding the DM500s if your intending to use it with a motor. Go for a DM600 or above or give the TM500 super a go.

If you want something a little more to play with have a look at the nBox 5800s or 5800sx. I have a 5800sx and its a cracking box for the money.

Nano

• They all work in more or less the same way as the Openbox, although setting up is a lot more involved. This is the same with all proper open source Linux boxes.

All the boxes i have mentioned apart from the nBox can run with CCCam, the nBox cannot run CCCam due to it using SH4 architecture rather than MIPS or PPC like the Dreambox and TM models do. You have to use OSCam or MGCamd with the nBox, but other than that it runs as well as the Dreambox or TM equivalent.

Nano

• Ask the sponsor if he can match the deal. I notice the seller on ebay hasn't stated what type of motor it is he is selling, so in theory it could be an old stock Motek SG2100a motor. Nothing wrong with them although the newer TM & New horizon models are better.

The bracket the seller is also selling is not one i would be comfortable putting just an 80cm dish on let alone a dish and a motor. I've seen some of those brackets fail at the weld point with just an 80cm dish on them, so there's no way i would recommend them as build quiality seems to go up and down with them. I would only use one that has the re-enforcement plates between the arm and the base mount, but only for a single dish.

If you use one of those brackets for a motorised system its highly unlikely you will ever get the bracket 100% vertical to allow the motor to follow the arc.

If your going down the motorised route you need to use T & Ks if you want to get the pole 100% vertically plumb

To be honest, other than the receiver, the rest looks pretty crap if i'm brutally honest :haha:

Nano

• I got a V2 Vu Solo I was going to stick on the local adverts!

Got it for my student house in October! Moved to an appartment in January due to dampness and it just has UPC so no use for a satellite reciever!

Can't carry it home as the house is full of them :P

£65 + P&P and its yours if you wish!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!