New dish

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,126 times. The last Post () by tapfit2004.

• Hi

Im buying a new dish, and was thinking of the wave toroidal T90, I just want to a make sure im buying the right things. Does anyone have any experience with this one.

What I am thinking of buying is:

the dish ofcourse: https://www.hm-sat-shop.de/antennen-...dal-t90-p.html

and 4 of the alps lnb: https://www.hm-sat-shop.de/lnb-lnb-s...40mm-feed.html

and then a switch ofcourse but i dont know what to buy, but they are not that different... or what?

I am making the stuff to hang it on the wall myself, so my question is, do I need anything else?

• Basically you'll need a 4 input DiSEqC box or bigger if your thinking of adding a few extra lnbs later!

Have plenty co-ax as you could mess up once or twice! lol...

When you get your stuff check out this website! I've heard a few lads who set up those dishes found it helpful!

SatLex Digital :: Technology :: Calculators :: WF Toroidal Calculator

Attached a few pics i came across before!

• hi, i set a t90 up about 6 months ago. took a bit of tweaking but got it ok after about an hour messing with it. i only have 5 lnb's on at the minute but i've bought a EMP-Centauri 16/1 DiSEqC last week and i'm going to hook it up over the next few weeks.

i had a 4-1 diseqc sw on one tuner in my azbox and 28e on the other but i'm hoping to put the 16-1 into one tuner and a motor on the second tuner which should cover everything, ie quick zapping for the most used sats and a motor for feeds and other oddball stuff.

i would say a t90 is easier to setup than a motor but the lnb brackets that come with it aren't great. i have 28e around to nearly 30 w (i haven't put the 30w lnb on yet so it might be a bit out of its range).

good luck with the install.

• Does a twin lnb function the same way as a single lnb...meaning... could I buy twin lnb's now to be prepaired for when im buying a tv for my bedroom, but only use one of the outs... (sry dunno what its called) until I have two tv's? ...hope i am making sense!

• a twin lnb will work the exact same as a single lnb but i went with quad lnbs as theres 4 outputs and the cost difference is minimal.

the only snag i see with using quads ahead of singles or twins is that they tend to be heavier but i've had no problems so far.

i bought 10 quads in one go to save on shipping but i've only got 5 of them on the dish so far.

its better to buy gear that will allow you upgrade easily later down the road so twins or quads are definitely the way to go.

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!