Pictorial Tutorial

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,980 times. The last Post () by nope.

• Hi Guys found this in my files when I was tidying up. I did this for myself when I was starting out to get my mind around the setup process as a picture sometimes is more easier to understand than words. I have attached 2 jpgs sharing config and sharing config1. If you feel it will help newbies maybe it can go in the Tuts. Steve

Added them to my ***drive here.... http://sdrv.ms/10pPh0E

cd15ccd96.jpg
    226e93b0e5936dd.jpg

• mmmm deffo added the jpgs but dont see them here??? Just tried again file too big will resize and edit post. Ok have edited above post and made images available there they can be downloaded if you need better resolution as yo can only zoom once

• Hi Steve,

great diagram, i would like to create exactly what you have drawn almost, couple of local boxes, maybe even use XBMC and then feeding a family member over internet.

I'm very new to this, so please excuse the stupid questions.

I've been reading a lot lately regarding various setups, with ccam Oscam and other sharing techniques.

It it correct to say the following is happening:

You have connected your tv subscription card to your PC running OScam via usb (Smartgo or omnikey).

The Dreambox's are all running as clients getting the card info from your OScam PC server.

Couple of quick questions:
    Why didn't you run the server on the Dreambox? (Or another device, i had looked at VU+ Solo2)
    Which version of Dreambox did you go for, if it's just acting as a client?
    Did you use smartgo or omnikey for the reader?

I have a pc i can install OScam on, i quite like the idea of keeping the server and the clients separate, its cleaner.

Again apologies if im asking stupid stuff here.

Thanks,
    nope

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!