Vu+ duo HDD error after crash- help!

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,201 times. The last Post () by pheonix.

• Hi, my duo crashed a couple of times today then I noticed I had no epg, no picons and a time shift error, I have now noticed all my recordings have gone and I have no HDD options of where to save things, when I go to mout options all the hdd details say unknown or unavailable, any time I press green for mounting options the box crashes again! Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

• Ok, I take it you updated the image from 600 to 626 or maybe a earlier version??? or the image may have been set to update automatically with a stable update when it comes out.The only reason I am asking this is because when I updated my solo 2 from Vix build 600 to 626 I had exactly the same problems, I couldn't even get the crash logs from the box to be able to send to Vix to have a look at to see what the problem is.

The only saving grace is that your settings etc should have been backed up before the image updated itself, the only way I was able to update the image this time was to flash it on from scratch, then my hdd etc auto mounted as usual,i was then able to re-instate my settings.

Or maybe you have a full backup done of your image before this happened??? if so you could always flash this on to resolve the problem.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Ok, I take it you updated the image from 600 to 626 or maybe a earlier version??? or the image may have been set to update automatically with a stable update when it comes out.

The image is coded so this can never happen, the user is always presented with a yes/no challenge screen even for stable updates, only when using a telnet session can you bypass this challenge screen.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• you can manually save your timers.xml file and autotimers.xml file from the etc/enigma2 folder and just FTP them back once you have setup the new image. this way you dont loose any of your timers and can setup the box from fresh without using a backup.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!