Vix 3 update issue

There are 16 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,650 times. The last Post () by pheonix.

• Just did the software update this morning from 3.0.600 to 3.0.627 but seems to be a bug every now and then my video goes really bad and dark like its been through:cry_002: photo-shop effects press menu and thats clear but behind still dark , when i go to video enhancements and just move the brightness a little it comes back straight away , anyone else had this issue on a solo 2

• seen whats going on , if you go into setup and video enhancement and turn the brightness below 128 this issue occurs ive flashed and reflashed and it did it soon as i turned that down below 128 what a pain but found it maybe they can fix it next update :taxman:

• still no joy , i cant be the only one with the issue , backup and image manager dont show colour buttons either but they do work , still an issue to use epg if you adjust the brightness , cccam info window missing bottom in share view also , never mind its free cant complain

• tried that ten got settings from the backup when it rebooted still no joy , i know how to avoid it now , maybe its just the metropolis skin thats causing it to happen

Restoring your settings from a backup negates the point of a fresh flash as it would restore any potentially corrupt files to the new image. also as has been said multiple times. There has recently been a major skin engine update within the ViX image, while this allows for greater flexibility and control to skinners it also means that some older none updated skins will no longer be compatible, try one of the default ViX day / night skins and see if the same problem exists there, if it does not you can make a bug report for the skins author.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• In regards to stevejo post 4 the same thing happened to me on the latest blackhole
    but if you turn the brightness down say form 131-129 it seems to correct it self
    then if its a little to dark use the bightness on the tv. instead to reach a happy medium LOL

• Hi all just confirming I have this problem using an Openvix image created by MrGMX I will try the brightness setting tonight and see if that fixes it. I am using a Solo2 as well.

• I cant work the screen from work so I vpn'd home and got this

root@vusolo2:/etc# cat image-version
    box_type=vusolo2
    build_type=0
    version=3.0
    build=627
    drivers=20130218
    date=20130308221606
    comment=ViX
    target=9
    creator=openViX
    url=http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk
    catalog=http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk

• Thats a fairly old build now, try updating to a newer one.

• Just did the software update this morning from 3.0.600 to 3.0.627 but seems to be a bug every now and then my video goes really bad and dark like its been through:cry_002: photo-shop effects press menu and thats clear but behind still dark , when i go to video enhancements and just move the brightness a little it comes back straight away , anyone else had this issue on a solo 2

I have had this issue with vix/bh/pli
    have to leave brighness down below 127 or something like that
    if you dont go at it after flash it seems to be ok.
    turn the brighness/contract at tv, (which i dont think is proper solution) LOL
    PS. As far as picture quality is concerned i think the open pli is best..

• PS. As far as picture quality is concerned i think the open pli is best..

Picture quality is controlled by the drivers, no image can effect this other than some minor scaler tweaks, if all images are using the same drivers on the same hardware, the PQ difference is all in the users head.

VU+ SOLO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!