Optibox EVO first experience

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,398 times. The last Post () by endrero.

• Hi everyone,
    I want to share my experience with this reicever Optibox EVO.
    It is speedy and good BUT
    big BUT..it is very narrow (at the moment) in software support (only OpenPLI is worth to mention).
    No idea is it possible other DREAMBOX images?
    So, what is worth 500MHz. and 512RAM if not usefull.

My friend has Dreambox 800HD and it can not be compared with EVO due to lack of support (in any mean).

I would appriciate if someone has different opinion based on evidence (e.g. that can run dreamsat image etc.)
    greetings

• dreambox ist dreambox

on optibox evo you can use cccam as server and client

that's it the common one on dm and the new optibox evo

• MaxDigital XP1000 has proven support and only £10 more ;) MaxDigital XP1000 Single Tuner DVB-S2 HD Enigma2 Linux Satellite Receiver

Official support from OpenPLi, ViX Team, OpenAAF, SiF Team and more..

world-of-satellite-banner.gif
    Official Sponsor of the OpenViX Team

Official Distributor of Formuler, Edision, GiGaBlue, Mut@nt Technomate, VU+, and many more...

Secure online ordering - Paypal and all major cards accepted - Order online 7 days a week!

PRICE MATCH PROMISE - WE'LL TRY TO MATCH ANY UK PRICE*

*SEEN ANY PRODUCT CHEAPER? CONTACT US AND WE’LL TRY TO MATCH LIKE FOR LIKE!

• My opinion on Optibox EVO M7 HD is :
    Its a good reciever and the 500 mhz speed on proccesor is enough for common usage .
    Support is a bit to small currently ( I think it will be better in the future , because the OE-Alliance now support it , and they are doing a great job )

• Should be interesting to see how support goes for this receiver. On the up side it has a MIPS CPU that is a bonus and it can also run cccam so it will appeal to the novice users. Its also not a bad looking receiver.

I do get the feeling though that it has come out of the same stable as the Amiko Alien receiver. Its going to be a case of wait and see with this one i would say. It does have the making though to be not a bad little receiver.

To be honest though i would still rather go for the XP1000 just for the fact it has much better support at this moment in time.

Nano

• good receiver
    but my dm 500s ist faster and handle cccam better
    all cams,all cards runs good
    support not so good but dm800 plugins can run
    hd/sd picture good ,not excelent
    any question?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!