What is the best image and more like Dreambox?

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,542 times. The last Post () by philmein.

• Hello all,
    I'm waiting for my Vu + Solo, always had DM800HD Dreambox 500s and UP
    They can lend a hand please, who is the image most similar to the Dreambox and that works best with Cccam or Oscam?

Best regards,

• I tried every single image out there, and none come close to ViX - probably followed by Black Hole, but they are probably more than a few lengths behind at the moment imo. Never had a Dreambox, but whatever you are used to, you probably want the best you can get!

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

I tried every single image out there, and none come close to ViX

I agree 100% with muso, ViX is the best for VU, I use it on my VU+ Solo2 and it is the best, most user friendly image (after a bit of tweaking) that I have ever used.. If you want to get to know the image inside-out, I would advise installing a genuine ViX image and not a backup. That way you will be learning as you customise ViX to suit your needs, exactly what the image is capable of and familiarize yourself with the menu's as you go...

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• Official Post

Would have to disagree tbh, on my solo box i find BlackHole a bit on the slow side especially when using plugins like cool tv guide so for the solo i usually choose VIX but on my solo2 speed is not a problem and no matter how many times i change image i keep going back to BH 2.0.1 and been able to use all the other images in meoboot and have then running in under a minute is an added bonus.

• Vix all day long for me. But I think you're missing out if you want an image that'll have your vu+ running similar to dm.
    Try a few images and embrace the change. :)

• Black hole all the way for me too on the solo 2 have vti AAF and vix on multiboot. But black hole is very stable and customisable.

Just seems more polished than vix
    But each to his own

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!