Smargo help! ftdio_sio tty USB0: Unable to read latency timer: -32

There are 43 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 14,241 times. The last Post () by tomastkt.

• I've tried many cccam versions... to see if the problem lies in the cam. I've got the issue even on 2.2.1 or 2.2.0.
    The reason that i've updated the firmware is that I've got "smartreader+ version v14.9" this version mismatch at any time when i checked it on ubuntu/debian.
    I'm using an irdeto2 (canal digitaal) card...
    and the smargo is set into normal modus.

I found something else:
    when I connect my smartreader+ to (Ubuntu or Debian) and I use this line in my cccam.cfg:

SERIAL READER : /dev/ttyUSB0 smartreader+
    #SMARTCARD CLOCK FREQUENCY: /dev/ttyUSB0 6800000

Reboot my OS and check http://localhost:16001 everything works all fine.
    When I check the entitlements tab i see the following message:
    card reader /dev/ttyUSB0
    no or unknown card inserted

when I insert my card into the smartreader nothing happens. When I reboot the machine
    with the card inserted and do the same checks... it seems that CCcam isn't working anymore.
    I can't connect to the site anymore (not started). And when starting htop i don't see CCcam.x86 running.
    I can't start my smartreader with the card inserted.

• I've been trying different cccam versions, cause the latest ones didn't work with my smargo. The situation that I've described also happens with 2.2.0 or 2.2.1 and several other versions.

I've updated the Smargo as a last change to find out if this was the issue. Also because of the mismatch in the version "smartreader+ version v14.9".
    I'm trying Irdeto 2 (Canal Digitaal).
    The smargo is set to normal.

I've found out the following:
    when I connect the smargo to Ubuntu or Debian without a card, then CCcam starts without any trouble. It shows the following message on the entitlements tab:
    card reader /dev/ttyUSB0

when i connect to my server by http://localhost:16001

When I connect the smargo to Ubuntu or Debian with the card inserted, it seems CCcam isn't even starting. (Checked it with htop... no CCcam is started. A manual start, won't help either). And I can't connect to the cccam site anymore on my server.

I removed the complete CCcam.cfg and made an empty one with only the following line(s):
    #SMARTCARD CLOCK FREQUENCY: /dev/ttyUSB0 6800000

Could my problem rest in the CCcam.cfg (Clock Frequency)?

• frequency should be 6mhz for irdeto cards , you will also need camkey information etc for your cccam.cfg as below. I would recommend starting cccam manually in debug mode like below also to have a look whats happening.

irdeto 2 config parameters cccam.cfg

CAMKEY: /dev/ttyUSB0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    TRY ALL CHIDS : /dev/ttyUSB0

to run cccam in debug mode ensure 1st that all sessions of cccam are seized by using the killall command as root user via telnet.

then navigate to the directory where you have you bin file for cccam & start like this : - Eg: /var/bin/CCcam_2.1.4 -d replace the text in red with your particular cccam filename.

good luck & give feedback

new2

Dont forget to hit the thanks button!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:41_002:

Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

• I've got the following Debug information:

I've added the following information in my CCcam.cfg

Code
    SMARTCARD CLOCK FREQUENCY: /dev/ttyUSB0 6000000
    CAMKEY: /dev/ttyUSB0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    TRY ALL CHIDS : /dev/ttyUSB0

And when I open my web to find out the status of the card it shows me the following:

Code
    card reader /dev/ttyUSB0

When i insert the reader without the card the green led is on.
    When sticking in the card the led is turned off... when it's working it must blink, but now it's not doing anything...

• as root user in telnet window

run command lsusb

post results

new2

Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

• Code
    Bus 002 Device 004: ID 0403:6001 Future Technology Devices International, Ltd FT232 USB-Serial (UART) IC
    Bus 002 Device 003: ID 0e0f:0002 VMware, Inc. Virtual USB Hub
    Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

My new smargo has arrived... (new model. Checked the site to see if it would be a fake model, but it seems to be a original one).
    I've tested this one too, but the result is the same.

• ok , run this command as root > dmesg | grep tty post the results back here

• also issue this command in debian to remove a well known library which causes the smargo to fail

apt-get remove brltty

regards

new2

• brltty isn't installed on the system. Tried to remove this earlier.

Here's the result of dmesg.

Code
    [    0.000000] console [tty0] enabled
    [    0.725388] serial8250: ttyS0 at I/O 0x3f8 (irq = 4) is a 16550A
    [    0.725606] serial8250: ttyS1 at I/O 0x2f8 (irq = 3) is a 16550A
    [    0.725819] 00:09: ttyS0 at I/O 0x3f8 (irq = 4) is a 16550A
    [    0.726032] 00:0a: ttyS1 at I/O 0x2f8 (irq = 3) is a 16550A
    [    3.067175] ftdi_sio ttyUSB0: Unable to read latency timer: -32
    [    3.067214] usb 2-1: FTDI USB Serial Device converter now attached to ttyUSB0

ftdi_sio ttyUSB0: Unable to read latency timer: -32

this message comes up a lot of time, but it seems that I can't fix it in any way. I thought this would be my problem, but when I search the internet I read different answers on it. Some say they also got this message and can be ignored cause their card reader works. And some got the same issue I have.

• does cccam still hang when starting with reader attached ??

• also

as root > apt-get update

then

apt-get upgrade

regards

new2

• Hi,

this message its not your problem..should be working

check follow with smartreader.exe on windows:

mode:autoswitch
    kernel:normal
    T-mod:T=0

• Still got the same message.
    I've updated and upgraded Ubuntu now with the new source files. But the problem stays.

Code
    [    0.000000] console [tty0] enabled
    [    0.718624] serial8250: ttyS0 at I/O 0x3f8 (irq = 4) is a 16550A
    [    0.718836] serial8250: ttyS1 at I/O 0x2f8 (irq = 3) is a 16550A
    [    0.719047] 00:09: ttyS0 at I/O 0x3f8 (irq = 4) is a 16550A
    [    0.719264] 00:0a: ttyS1 at I/O 0x2f8 (irq = 3) is a 16550A
    [    3.059757] ftdi_sio ttyUSB0: Unable to read latency timer: -32
    [    3.059895] usb 2-1: FTDI USB Serial Device converter now attached to ttyUSB0

I've also downloaded this file: ftdifix.tar.gz
    and installed it into Ubuntu to see if it will fix my ftdi_sio.

does cccam still hang when starting with reader attached ?? only when the reader is attached and the card is plugged in. Without the card it starts the reader. But can't plugin the card afterwards.

I've also read the following on a forum: "Don't use 2.6.31 because it has a bug in FTDI driver and don't recognized the smargo"
    I'm using kernel: Linux ubuntu 2.6.32-28-generic-pae

• I've tested some things up here...
    I've uploaded the files srp_update_x86 and srp_tools_x86 and fired them...

The result on the srp_tools_x86 is: "no smartreader found"

The suggestion to start smartreader.exe in windows I've also tried up here. But the tricky thing is that it won't show me anything about the reader itself. It always got the default settings when started:
    Mode: AutoSwitch
    Kernel: Normal
    T-mode T=0
    EGT = 0

So I'm curious if I can read these settings anywhere so I can check if the reader got the right settings set. (Running it on Windows 7)

Update:
    I've took my laptop with windows XP SP3 and installed the Smargo driver on it. Now when I attach the smart reader it shows me right setting from the smargo. And when I change the kernel to Dreambox, unplug the device, attach it and start the smartreader it shows that the kernel is set to dreambox.
    Now I've applied all above settings to the reader and I'm testing it again.

Result = No success

• you need in normal mode not dreambox mode as you said you were using ubuntu/debian

• what is the actual linux distro you are using ?

• The problem is solved.

This issue was in here:

Code
    Bus 002 Device 004: ID 0403:6001 Future Technology Devices International, Ltd FT232 USB-Serial (UART) IC
    Bus 002 Device 003: ID 0e0f:0002 VMware, Inc. Virtual USB Hub
    Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub

Cause Ubuntu was installed on ESXi 4.1, I used the USB passthrough option. And reserved an USB port for my Card Reader. As you can see above it's using the VMware Virtual USB Hub. This one makes a connection to your USB but is not a physical bus.
    I've read an article where they were talking about the VT or VT-D technology that enables a physical passthrough from your hardware to your Virtual Machines.

I've placed my ESXi in maintenance mode, reboot the machine into the bios and enables VT. Now I've got the ability in ESXi to passthrough my USB bus to a machine. ESXi Configuration tab ==> Advanced ==> add USB bus
    And in my Virtual Machine add an PCI device and select your USB bus device.

When I did that the result was:

Code
    Bus 001 Device 004: ID 0403:6001 Future Technology Devices International, Ltd FT232 USB-Serial (UART) IC
    Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0000:0000
    Bus 001 Device 002: ID 8087:0020

Now my card can be read in CCcam and CCcam doesn't hang when getting started.

Thanks for all your help guys!

• I'm having the same problems.

I continue to get the latency error.

The Smargo's are original, running v1.3 on autoswitch, set to normal mode

I can even get srp_tools_x86 to switch modes etc on the smargo so the server is seeing it, but no card is being read.

Bit lost on this now as it's getting beyond me.....any ideas anyone ?

• Ok I've tried with Ubuntu 11.10 server distro and it's the same. I imagine it's a shared problem with Debian/Ubuntu, as it seems reading around that I'm not the only one who's had these problems ?

The latency error always comes up for me.

The smargo is recognised via lsusb, it even lights up, you can even use srp tools to play with it, if you put a card in it and the led goes blank.

It's a genuine smargo, v1.3, normal, autoswitch and I've tried 3 of them now. They all work perfectly fine in set top boxes, so I doubt the readers are all faulty.

I've configured the cccam correctly and Via the cccam info panel you will see USB0 reader but with no card inserted.

I've configured the Oscam files accordingly as well but to no avail.

The server is however working as I can connect to it as a client and I appear in the cccam info panel.

I've done all the other things that people seem to have come up against, remove britty ( wasn't there anyway) etc etc

I cannot see where the problem is beyond this. Logically it's either

1.These particular Ubuntu/Debian distros don't work entirely well with smargos.

2. Card reader, perhaps Omnikey is more compatible ?

3. Individual hardware introduces a latency that is not compatible with the Smargos

I'll keep trying with some older distros and perhaps not the server editions to see if it helps.

In the meantime any help gratefully accepted.

Thanks

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!