Gigablue HD 800 Solo stuk on boot after flashing wrong image pleae help

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,732 times. The last Post () by smartboy4u.

• Dear friends i have a Gigablue HD 800 Solo, it was working fine untill the time that it crashed while using youtube. So i decieded to install a new image, it previously had a image of team red 2. Everything went fine i put the preflash files on the usb stick, put it in the box at the rear usb port then turned the box on. On the display it showed LOAD then after few minutes DONE then it didnt reboot itself. So i turned the box off took out the usb stick deleted the files on it put the image file on it and then again put in the rear usb port turn the box on, but since that time it shows on the display BOOT. To my surprise i had used the image of SE instead of SOLO. So I tried with the image of solo several times using different usb sticks but no succes. The usb stick doest flash like it did before
    i also tried the jtag method. Everything was perfect. the device manager shows usb device broadcom test adapter but when turn the box on and open broadcom studio 3 and click on devices 97325 it shows disconnected. I tried this several times but no succes. If required i can post the pictures all the steps and also the jtag device i am using which has two jumpers on it.

Untill now i have got only half way succes by using the rs232 cable and using the vu+util it goes half way but doesnt go any further. i had seen on youtube someone using a software called gigaup like dreamup if anyone knows about it please let me know thnx

which usb sticks r best supported

i am stuck please help

• Try installing the correct bootloader first from USB or by RS232 and then install the image. I have attached the correct bootloader to this post and instructions for USB method.

Format your penstick in FAT32 and then put the files into the root directory of the USB. You should see a program called Burn and a file called Gigablue, both these have to be copied to the usb stick.

Switch the box off and then Put it in the USB port and power up the box. It should start to flash the bootloader onto the box. Once the bootloader is in it should accept a new image.

Once the bootloader is flashed to the box, try and flash an image for the 800 Solo to it from the url below.

Code
    http://image.openmips.com/2.0/index.php?open=gb800solo

No idea if it will work as i have never had to recover my Solo before, but its worth a try.

I use Kingston and Sandisk USB sticks and i've never had a problem with any of them on both my 800 Solo or 800Se.

Are you using one of those USB to RS232 adapters? By past experience they never work properly. You need an RS232 port on your PC to guarantee any sort of success.

Nano

• no progress i tried the files u sent but still the same i want to flash it through rs232 but which tool should i use and i will be grateful if u could give me a link thnx in advance

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!