Please help a newbie

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 716 times. The last Post () by Huntsman.

• Hi all

I'm really new to all this. A mate loaned me an eagle box which I have been using with a cline. It sort of works, but the picture continually breaks up. I know it's not the sat feed coz my Panny tv with built in freesat works fine.

I've spent ages reading forum posts but can't make up my mind which receiver to get.

I have a twin feed coming into lounge, currently 1 goes to tv and the other to the eagle. I need the feed to the tv for iplayer.
    I think I would be happy with a single tuner...... Or would I?

I deffo want an Enigma2 box as that's what everyone says to get.

The first problem I've got is the fact that the box will be hidden away in a cupboard, so I need to find a way of using a "Magic Eye". Is there something I can use to extend the IR up to the tv?

The second and biggest problem is that I haven't got any previous experience in setting up one of these boxes.

After several days of reading, I've come to the conclusion that I should get either a Max Digital XP1000 or a Technomate TM-single.

I am of course, open to suggestions from anyone with knowledge of the aforementioned boxes, or any others deemed suitable.

I was hoping to "play" with it over Easter, but that looks a bit bleak now unless I can make a final decision very quickly!

Thanks in anticipation

• Get yourself a VU+ solo £179 -
    Tried and tested hardware with tons of support and thousands of tutorials - Its all been done before you just have to follow whats already out there !

The hardest bit was finding Linuxsat-support BUT your here now . . . . Order today and you'll have a happy easter for sure.

Rik

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• vix is very good ! i like BH too - You will find half the fun is finding an image which suits you SIR !
    Experimenting and playing is the way to familiarize yourself with the Linux based environment.

Rik

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• Thanks

When i order from the sponsors I will go for vix then.

If I donate and become a VIP will somebody be able to help me set up a vu+ solo box? I keep reading but am getting nowhere! TS Panel...Picons..CCCam..... On Demand.... Im totally baffled:doubt:

• Order ya box mate and follow the tutorials on this site or the sponsors connected site.
    i am proving to be a poor moderator this morning i cant find the Set up tutorial for solo - I KNOW ITS HERE SOMEWHERE ! lol
    Hopefully someone else will point us in the right direction !

Cams are for reading cards - Do you have a card ?
    TS panel is an addon which connects directly to your box and allows you to download specific files and bits and bobs without going via a lappy or pc !

Dont worry yourself too much bud Help is never far away !

Rik

• Waiting for 9 AM then will order my box.

I dont have a card, but I do have a cline. I too, looked for a set-up tutorial for the solo........... Couldnt find it either.

Thanks again for your wise words

I dont have a card, but I do have a cline.

¿ We honestly do hope that this is not from a premium server ?
    As you are already aware of the rules :

<12> Anyone found to be running a Pay Server will be permanently banned.

<13> If you are the supporter of a Pay Server DO NOT ask for support, your request will be ignored.

If this is the case ,we suggest you drop it straight away
    and with the support + help from this site and you acquiring your own sub card
    you will be up and running in no time !!!

• I dont have a card, but I do have a cline.

¿ We honestly do hope that this is not from a premium server ?
    As you are already aware of the rules :

<12> Anyone found to be running a Pay Server will be permanently banned.

<13> If you are the supporter of a Pay Server DO NOT ask for support, your request will be ignored.

As I said in my original post....... A mate loaned me an Eaglebox. He plugged it in and showed me how to use it.

I havent a clue what Im doing or how it works for that matter.

I just thought that I would get a decent box and have a play.

I have ordered a TM-2T and its arriving tomorrow.

I have no intention of breaking any rules, I just thought that this is an excellent forum, and people with knowledge of these boxes would be kind enough to help me set it up

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!